Sign in to follow this  
gitbox

Remove drive from array

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Is there an easy way to remove a drive from my UnRaid array. I want to make sure all the data on it is moved to other drives and the sharing is preserved. What is the best way to do this? 

Thanks!

Depends on your skill level. Tell us a bit more about your computer experience and what you are comfortable doing.

To directly answer your question, no there isn't an easy way to do it, if you are looking to just push a button.

I added a drive to my array that it turns out cannot be stuffed into the case. I really don't need the extra space so I want to remove it. My skill level with Windows and Macs are pretty high, but I admit I am not an advanced Linux user. Following instructions is no problem for me even if they are complex.

Is there any data on the drive you need to keep?   If so first copy it to another location.

Once that has been done you can go to Tools->New Config and select the option to retain the current assignments;  After that go the Main tab and remove the drive.   You can now start the array to rebuild parity from the remaking drives.