(SOLVED) Crashing, or Freezing (Lock up) 6.6.7

**Solved thanks for the help! It was the c-states bios setting.

Hey Everyone, I'll try not to be too angry in my rant here (i've had a shit day, and this tipped me! ha)

So recently installed unraid and have to say love it, been playing around with multiple OS vms and gpu passthrough etc ... Seems when i go to work Ive even set up a arch linux VNC distro just to connect and tinker with when I'm away from home (i'm sure the security vulnerabilities are awful, I used realvnc server)

anywho, I can leave for work and within 7 hours or less and thats the longest I think thus far the system freezes. I'm fairly certain that the logs go when the system reboots and i'm constantly getting parity checks (I would assume from unclean reboots) I know its telling me about some bad sectors in my array but I wouldn't think that would cause system freezes?

My system is :

Ryzen 5 1600

MSI b350 Gaming Plus

2x8GB ddr4 2400 ballstix sport

1x1TB parity

2x1TB array 

1x1TB unassigned (not figured out the best way to place my movies and TV show library on the array and add this disk to it)

1x XFX RX4804gb (passed to windows 10)

1x xfx Radeon HD 6870 (will be passed to linux + Mojave)

1x 128gb m.2 Cache drive

I've found documentation on older versions of the unRAID os having some issues but I wouldn't think anything ive read from those would be causing this issue and I'm assuming its going to be something fairly simple. I'm wondering perhaps about updating my bios to the latest but I am reluctant as last time I did this I had to send it in to MSI (thankfully i'm in new west beside the richmond center and it only took 2 weeks) 

Thanks guys! Let me know if posting the logs or more specific system specs?? 

Edited by gravol
4 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

There are known issues with Ryzen and Linux, most workarounds are discussed here.

....Now I feel stupid, before pulling the trigger a few weeks ago I do recall reading about know ryzen bugs.

Thank you, and friends "search is your friend" sorry for the time waisting and creating useless thread, I'll head over and double check zen states and perhaps update bios as a last resort.

Updating the BIOS should be your first resort. In fact every few weeks you should go to your board manufacturer site and check for new updates and pry to the computer gods that they keep releasing new updates....

Just RTFM first and then follow the procedures strictly - and make sure that if there is a jumper or switch to enable / disable the flashing you use it and then you disable it back, as the UEFI chip can be a desirable home for very nasty computer viruses/rootkits.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bcbgboy13 said:

Updating the BIOS should be your first resort. In fact every few weeks you should go to your board manufacturer site and check for new updates and pry to the computer gods that they keep releasing new updates....

Just RTFM first and then follow the procedures strictly - and make sure that if there is a jumper or switch to enable / disable the flashing you use it and then you disable it back, as the UEFI chip can be a desirable home for very nasty computer viruses/rootkits.

ahh....well surprisingly my uptime is currently 11 hours 26 minutes. I'll have to dig into the bios update tonight when I have more time. I'm just reluctant as last time mflash fucked me good and hard lol.

Thanks for the advice though I will for sure double check about the jumper switch as thats something I didn't even consider, a virus in there. Will report back.

P.S. -----> AWESOME community, hopefully I can help others one day!