Replacing a drive, made a mistake, unsure how to fix

Current array is 2 cache drive, 2 parity drives, 12 disks (slowly upgrading old disks).

So I needed to replace an old drive (1.5TB).

I stopped the array, replaced it with an already pre-cleared 4TB drive, and then started rebuild.

I then noticed that it was formatted as reiserfs, and since I wanted it XFS, I stopped the rebuild, stopped the array, formatted the disk, started the array, then started rebuild again. (THE MISTAKE).

The new drive is showing only 4GB used, and obviously when I started a parity sync/rebuild, it is doing nothing to add data back to that disk. It shows the appropriate time for a parity sync, writing data to the drive (approx 30MB/s) and reading from all other driver and parity drives, however there is nothing on that drive being created. 

I still have the old 1.5TB drive with the existing data on it, and I am wondering how to recover from this the best way.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by benyaki

As a point of information, you can not change the format on the drive during a drive rebuild.  Rebuilding only makes a bit-by-bit reconstruction of the information contained on the old drive.  And that includes the formatting information. 

Here is the thread that will tell you how to make the conversion from rfs to xfs:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/54769-format-xfs-on-replacement-drive-convert-from-rfs-to-xfs/

5 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Tools -> New config -> Keep all assignemts

Then reassign old 1.5TB drive instead of new one and start the array to begin a parity sync.

Thank you. I (unfortunately?) restarted the array last night to re-insert the 1.5TB drive into a bay and forgot to stop the parity sync. It has already gone through about 25+%. Is it better at this point to just leave it and finish, then transfer the files over from unassigned devices (the 1.5TB drive)? Or will it be quicker to do as you suggested, then replace and rebuild the drive with the new one?

Thanks again for the help.

5 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Not sure I understand what you mean, it's doing a parity sync or rebuild?

Yes, it is doing a parity sync based on the drive after it was formatted (ie it thinks that the drive should be empty and is doing a sync). Should I just let that complete then move the files over, or replace with the old 1.5TB drive, re-do a sync, then replace the drive with the new one and do a rebuild?

Just now, johnnie.black said:

Why? It should either been rebuilding the disk or maybe doing a parity check after if you started one, don't see how it's doing a sync.

Because when I replaced it, I stupidly stopped it during the rebuild to change the format to XFS. Now the array assumes the drive should be blank.