Incorporating SAS drives to existing array

Hi.  I have several drvies, about 10 of them.  1 TB SSD Cache, plugged onto motherboard, 1 3TB HDD, plugged to M/B as parity, the rest are a bunch of sata 2 speed drives, 1, 2 TB, connected to Dell Perc H310 controller.  I have 4 SAS 3 drives incoming.  How do I integrate it to my array?  Currently, my HBA controller is flashed to IT mode, where all SATA drives are currently connected, except for 1 or 2, cache, parity. Onboard, I have 6 ports, 2 are already occupied. 

Does my HBA have to be flashed to a different mode to make use of sas controller?  When sas controller flashed to IT mode, can it handle 4 drives of sata, and 4 drives of sas?  The sata will be using SFF8087 breakout cables, while the sas will be using a different type of cable, I presume? Both type of breakout cables on the same hba card?  If this is possible, shall I group all the sas drive into 1 share?  These are brand new sas drives.  Do we allow spindown?  Any other usage scenarios you can share?   

8 hours ago, jang430 said:

The sata will be using SFF8087 breakout cables, while the sas will be using a different type of cable, I presume?

Yes, assuming there's no backplanes.

Both type of breakout cables on the same hba card?

Yes.

If this is possible, shall I group all the sas drive into 1 share?

Not relevant.

Do we allow spindown?

Spindown won't work with SAS.