Unraid 6.6.7 constantly crashing (Solved)

server has been crashing non stop - at one point, accessing the plex cache folders and others in that appdata/plex/config was hanging up the system.

I couldnt kill that folder (was on cache drive, the nvme), but MC moved everything but those and recreated docker pulls and stood the VMs back up (moved those too). formatted the drive (set to xfs then back to brtfs) and started loading everything up again. I could swear it was just those folders in plex cache that was hanging it all up, since the other files moved fine.

was going well until this morning (plex was doing its mass cataloging) and it died in similar fashion

flash drive was recreated just in case, so fresh install. took out 2nd video card too.

attached diagnostic, not really sure what I am looking for.

silva-nas-diagnostics-20190318-1044.zip

Edited by asilva54
Solved

I am hoping that is the case.

I am doing parity check now and it has sync errors, but had so many crashed that I think that is expected. 

I'll run a 2nd one after and if it's 0 and no crashed as I let Plex do a brand new scan, then it was the nvme

My logs look clean right? 

good point, by the time it crashed yesterday, I had no way to get in to retrieve them.

parity almost done. my next steps are:

• finish parity
  • put in traditional sata ssd for cache (none atm, the NVMe was my cache)...hurry up amazon
  • move domains/appdata/system to cache
  • run new parity, pray for 0 errors

i think if i get thru all that then can safely say it was the NVMe...no crashes since taking out the NVMe.

Edited by asilva54