Threadripper users: NVME?

Quick one for any of the Threadripper users on here:

Has anyone tried passing through an NVME RAID1 to unRAID? I have no idea if this would work or not. From what I can see, the only drivers AMD has for it are Windows. I'm looking to have SATA SSD for cache, Docker, etc. and a separate pool for VMs. I was thinking a motherboard-driven RAID1 passed through to UD would be an ideal solve for this, but don't have any NVME drives lying around.

Has anyone tried this with any success?

(ASRock Taichi here)

Cheers!

It'll work without passthough, I have 2 nvme in my cache pool.

If you want a separate pool (such as raid1), that is currently a bit of an advanced user feature, you need to get into the command line to get it setup:

If this is your aim, swing some support behind the feature request to make this standard functionallity in unraid 👍

Edited by tjb_altf4

Thanks for the reply.

I absolutely have put my +1 (more than once, heh) in that request. But what I'm asking isn't creating a second cache pool from terminal, but rather making a RAID1 using the BIOS first, then passing that to UD. Your option is probably a slightly better in that it keeps everything managed within unRAID. I will have to have a think on which I'll go for. 

Do you know if trim is properly support with NVME drives created in a secondary pool like this? Maybe @johnnie.black does?

Thanks again!

Edited by -Daedalus