Upgrading issue

I have the basic license for my off-site backup server and plus license on my primary. Both of my servers are still in version 6.5.3. For the life of me, I could not get my server to work after upgrading any versions above 6.5.3.

The problem is after I upgraded, rebooted the server and enabling the array, my server just stuck in "Starting services" status the moment I enabled either the Docker or VM manager.

Usually, when you enabled or disable the docker/VM manager then hit Apply, the screen will refresh. Mine doesn't. I have tried several browsers with same results.

Also, my CPU cores shows up at 100% constant. And at this point, the only thing I could do is switch tabs but could not navigate through folders. The Docker tab shows "Docker service failed to start". Couldn't stop the array parity check, and could not open the log.

I tried to delete the docker.img, it didn't make any difference.

I tried to fresh install via USB creator and copied my /config, it didn't make any difference.

I tried to install using the zip files, and copied my /config, it didn't make any difference.

The only thing I haven't tried is not copying my /config.

The only thing that worked for me is to revert back to 6.5.3. Once I'm on 6.5.3, everything seems to be functioning except for the plugins I couldn't update due to my unRaid version.

My guess is there must be a file in my /config that causing the version to behave like the way I was experiencing. I just don't know what that file is.

Has anyone have encountered or similar issue that I'm having?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

bgdunraid-diagnostics-20190320-1718 (1).zip

Edited by pingmanping
attached diag

Where do I find this information in the diag?

For the domain.cfg I have this:
SERVICE="enable"
IMAGE_FILE="/mnt/cache/system/libvirt/libvirt.img"
IMAGE_SIZE="1"
DEBUG="no"
DOMAINDIR="/mnt/user/domains/"
MEDIADIR="/mnt/user/isos/template/iso/"
VIRTIOISO="/mnt/user/isos/virtio-win-0.1.141-1.iso"
BRNAME="br0"
VMSTORAGEMODE="auto"
TIMEOUT="60"
HOSTSHUTDOWN="shutdown

For the docker.cfg I have this:
DOCKER_ENABLED="yes"
DOCKER_IMAGE_FILE="/mnt/cache/system/docker/docker.img"
DOCKER_IMAGE_SIZE="30"
DOCKER_APP_CONFIG_PATH="/mnt/cache/appdata"
DOCKER_APP_UNRAID_PATH=""
DOCKER_AUTHORING_MODE="yes"
DOCKER_LOG_ROTATION="yes"
DOCKER_LOG_SIZE="50m"
DOCKER_LOG_FILES="3"
DOCKER_USER_NETWORKS="preserve"
DOCKER_CUSTOM_NETWORKS="br0.3 br0.70 eth2 eth3 "

We'd need the diags from an upgraded release, when it's not working, grab the diags on the console by typing diagnostics if from the GUI doesn't work..

Do I need to upgrade again to get the diag?
Is the cli command just "diagnostic"?
After executing the command, how do I download the diag?

2 minutes ago, pingmanping said:

Do I need to upgrade again to get the diag?

Yes.

Is the cli command just "diagnostic"?

diagnostics

After executing the command, how do I download the diag?

It will be save to your flashdrive's logs folder.

Nothing jumps out, array appears to be starting normally, I would backup current flash and redo it, then just restore /config/your.key and /config/super.dat, if it works like that reconfig the server or copy the rest the config files a few at a time to try and find the culprit.
Yes, the array starts normally. The problem is when I enabled/disabled the Docker or VM Manager. As long as I don't touch those two, I think the array works fine.

5 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Then you'd need to post diags grabbed after trying that, or there won't be anything in the syslog about the problem.

I attached the new diag. I just upgraded to 6.6.7 and enabled docker. One of the CPU cores shoots up at 100% and it seems like it is stuck in "Starting services". If I let this go on, eventually all the cores will be at 100%.

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 5.22.52 PM.png

3 hours ago, pingmanping said:

I attached the new diag.

When you have new information, don't put it in an old post. Put it in a new post so it doesn't get overlooked. Old posts are considered already read by the forum software for anyone who has been following the thread and helping you. Since you made a new post anyway, why go to the trouble to also edit an old post, and then make us go look for that edit? Just put the new information in a new post.

Still don't see the reason for the problem, though these aren't normal:

Mar 20 17:16:59 BGDunRAID rpcbind[12489]: connect from 10.0.7.23 to getport/addr(mountd)
Mar 20 17:16:59 BGDunRAID rpcbind[12490]: connect from 10.0.7.23 to getport/addr(mountd)
Mar 20 17:16:59 BGDunRAID rpcbind[12489]: connect from 10.0.7.23 to getport/addr(mountd)
Mar 20 17:16:59 BGDunRAID rpcbind[12490]: connect from 10.0.7.23 to getport/addr(mountd)

My suggestion is still this:

23 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

I would backup current flash and redo it, then just restore /config/your.key and /config/super.dat, if it works like that reconfig the server or copy the rest the config files a few at a time to try and find the culprit.

Still don't see the reason for the problem, though these aren't normal:
Mar 20 17:16:59 BGDunRAID rpcbind[12489]: connect from 10.0.7.23 to getport/addr(mountd)Mar 20 17:16:59 BGDunRAID rpcbind[12490]: connect from 10.0.7.23 to getport/addr(mountd)Mar 20 17:16:59 BGDunRAID rpcbind[12489]: connect from 10.0.7.23 to getport/addr(mountd)Mar 20 17:16:59 BGDunRAID rpcbind[12490]: connect from 10.0.7.23 to getport/addr(mountd)

My suggestion is still this:

I could not get the diag after enabling docker.

The 10.0.7.23 is my Proxmox VE trying to connect.

If I were to copy just the .key and super.dat, what would happen to my share folders, data, docker, VM, etc?
I'm not system guy by trade and not sure what to expect and behavior if I were to execute this task.

Shares are just the top level folders, they would be recreated but with default settings, dockers and VMs would need the settings to be reconfigured, but as long as you use the existing paths they should all continue to work.
Let me see if I understand the outcome of the task.
All my share folders and data will still be there, but the share folder settings will be set to default. At this point, I would have to go to each share folder to configure it. Is this correct?

For the docker and VM settings, when you said need to be reconfigured, does it mean that all my containers need to be redownload again from the app center and configured and VM need to recreated or are we talking about just the Setting > Docker and Setting > VM Manager settings?

54 minutes ago, pingmanping said:

All my share folders and data will still be there, but the share folder settings will be set to default. At this point, I would have to go to each share folder to configure it. Is this correct?

Correct, you could also restore the previous share cgf files from the flash backup, those are very likely unrelated to current problems.

56 minutes ago, pingmanping said:

or are we talking about just the Setting > Docker and Setting > VM Manager settings?

^This, for best results don't start the array before re configuring this or a new docker/libvirt images might get created and complicate things.

^This, for best results don't start the array before re configuring this or a new docker/libvirt images might get created and complicate things.
I usually start the array then enable docker or VM manager. I can't remember if I tried to enable docker first then start the array.
Should I try it again and this time after upgrading to 6.6.7, I would enable the docker in the settings and VM manager then start the array?

If this to work, why in 6.5.3 I can start the array then I enable docker and VM and no issues?

If this to fail, then I would upgrade and copy just the .key and super.dat. Then I would enable the docker and VM manager then start the array. Does this sound correct?

11 minutes ago, pingmanping said:

I usually start the array then enable docker or VM manager. I can't remember if I tried to enable docker first then start the array.
Should I try it again and this time after upgrading to 6.6.7, I would enable the docker in the settings and VM manager then start the array?

Shouldn't make any difference.

11 minutes ago, pingmanping said:

If this to work, why in 6.5.3 I can start the array then I enable docker and VM and no issues?

I suspect there's something on the current config causing problems, hence the suggestion to redo the flash drive and start over.