Upgrading issue

On 3/21/2019 at 7:00 AM, johnnie.black said:

Shouldn't make any difference.

I suspect there's something on the current config causing problems, hence the suggestion to redo the flash drive and start over.

It did not work. When I started the array, it got stuck again at "Starting services". This time I didn't even touch the docker or vm manager.

You are still getting these errors:

Mar 24 04:32:00 Tower rpcbind[3782]: connect from 10.0.7.23 to getport/addr(mountd)
Mar 24 04:32:00 Tower rpcbind[3783]: connect from 10.0.7.23 to getport/addr(mountd)
Mar 24 04:32:00 Tower rpcbind[3784]: connect from 10.0.7.23 to getport/addr(mountd)
Mar 24 04:32:00 Tower rpcbind[3785]: connect from 10.0.7.23 to getport/addr(mountd)
Mar 24 04:32:00 Tower rpcbind[3786]: connect from 10.0.7.23 to getport/addr(mountd)
Mar 24 04:32:00 Tower rpcbind[3787]: connect from 10.0.7.23 to getport/addr(mountd)

No idea what they are, but since you're still getting them with a new flash config it's likely related to your problems.

You are still getting these errors:

Mar 24 04:32:00 Tower rpcbind[3782]: connect from 10.0.7.23 to getport/addr(mountd)Mar 24 04:32:00 Tower rpcbind[3783]: connect from 10.0.7.23 to getport/addr(mountd)Mar 24 04:32:00 Tower rpcbind[3784]: connect from 10.0.7.23 to getport/addr(mountd)Mar 24 04:32:00 Tower rpcbind[3785]: connect from 10.0.7.23 to getport/addr(mountd)Mar 24 04:32:00 Tower rpcbind[3786]: connect from 10.0.7.23 to getport/addr(mountd)Mar 24 04:32:00 Tower rpcbind[3787]: connect from 10.0.7.23 to getport/addr(mountd)

No idea what they are, but since you're still getting them with a new flash config it's likely related to your problems.

I'm not a sysadmin by trade but I think that has nothing to do with the problem. That IP address is my Proxmox server. I have this server to connect to my unRaid via NFS. I have some shares that my Proxmox uses. I would assume that if the array is not enabled, I would get this error because the Proxmox server is trying to connect to these shares that I have.

Here is the link to Proxmox https://www.proxmox.com/en/proxmox-ve

I don't get that error while I'm in 6.5.3 because I can get the array to start with no problem.

I don't have problem upgrading because the server boots at whatever version I run. The issue is unRaid could not get any services to start completely. The last diag could not get the array to start at all. If I copied my /config, I could start the array, but could not get docker and VM manager to start.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Sorry, no more ideas then, don't see any reason on the syslog for both docker and VM services failing to start.

Should I start from scratch and rebuild my unraid server again?

If I should start from scratch, can I still load my VMs and Docker containers from my current install?

My HDDs and cache drive are encrypted, would I get some issues with a brand new install?

The thing is if I were to build from scratch, was this the same method we just tried from the last diag?

Am I stuck in 6.5.3?

10 hours ago, pingmanping said:

If I should start from scratch, can I still load my VMs and Docker containers from my current install?

We already tried this, except for using the existing super.dat, but that should't change anything, one thing I didn't ask, if you just start one of the services, either one first, does it also get stuck, i.e., are both failing to start individually?

10 hours ago, pingmanping said:

My HDDs and cache drive are encrypted, would I get some issues with a brand new install?

No, just use existing key/passfrase