HP 689576-001 LSI SAS9212-4i PCI-E x8 SAS/SATA 6GB/S 4 Port Raid Controller Card

11 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Disks should be detected even in raid mode, please post diagnostics: Tools -> Diagnostics, might be some clues there.

oh really, i thought the raid card would detect the disk but not unraid as is not passing them thru unmolested..

6 hours ago, Strubdog said:

Any update?

Controller is being detected correctly, though it is in raid mode, but no disks are detected, like no disks are connected, check if they are detected by the controller bios, if they aren't' it also won't be detected by Unraid, you should also flash it to IT mode with latest firmware.

16 hours ago, Strubdog said:

I recently bought this card and it currently is not reading my hard drive I have hooked to it.

How is it physically connected to the drive? Just because the cable has the correct connectors doesn't mean it's the proper cable. Describe in detail (model numbers or physical descriptions) the cables and / or enclosures, hot swap bays, whatever.

The card works, I just didn't have my test drive connector all the way in. Drives are detected in all 4 ports, I also didn't have to flash it either. Only downside is that the card does not detect SSD's, just my mechanical hard drives. I appreciate the help on this. This thread can be considered solved.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Strubdog said:

I also didn't have to flash it either.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't, if nothing else at least update to latest RAID firmware, since it's using an ancient one, it might even detect the SSDs after that, though since trim won't work not the best place to use them anyway.

• 8 months later...
On 3/22/2019 at 3:42 PM, johnnie.black said:

That doesn't mean you shouldn't, if nothing else at least update to latest RAID firmware, since it's using an ancient one, it might even detect the SSDs after that, though since trim won't work not the best place to use them anyway.

Hello, my brother, I also bought this card, bought from China, I am a person who loves toss, and therefore some problems, So I came to ask for help

PS:I came to this forum for the first time. I don't know the rules of posting. If there is any inappropriate place, please forgive me. I am a Chinese. English is relatively poor. All content is basically machine translation. Please ignore some grammar mistakes.

Here's what happened to me.

This card was disassembled from HP's server, and the IR mode is displayed after power on, as shown in the figure below, but my hard disk can be found. Very strange

2.thumb.jpg.8b0bacb42f709a59e0d26903c6510118.jpg

Because the firmware version is relatively low and IR mode self check is very slow, I want to brush it into P2O it mode and download the latest firmware from “the official website9212_4i4e_Package_P20_IR_IT_FW_BIOS_for_MSDOS_Windows.zip ”

The first step is that I didn't back it up. I executed this command (I regret it very much now)

“SAS2FLSH.(EXE or EFI) -o -e 6”

I saw too many posts, I forgot to execute it under DOS or UEFI, but I am sure that the first one is the command and  teld me  executed  Success。

Advanced Mode Set Adapter

Selected is a LSI SAS: SAS2008(B2)

Executing Operation:

Erase Flash

Erasing Flash Region...

Erase Flash

Operation Successful!

Resetting Adapter...

Reset Successful!

Finished

Processing Commands Successfully.

Exiting SAS2Flash.

Then I execute the second one (because DOS prompts failed to initialize pal when I update the firmware command, all of which I know is executed in EFI environment)

“sas2flsh -o -f 214i4et.bin -b mptsas2.rom ”  The following error is prompted

Chip is in RESET state.  Attempting Host Boot...

ERROR: Firmware Host Boot Failed !

Due to error remaining commands will not be executed.

Unable to Process Commands.

Exiting SAS2Flash.

I tried this solution  below  of unraid,-writesbr  and  -cleanflash  all  printed successfully, but flash firmware still tip me failed

Firmware Host Boot Failed !

On 4/16/2018 at 5:48 AM, nthu9280 said:

It can be frustrating at time and I've gone thru' this pain. Try the following sequence. Someone had reported success with writing empty sbr after cleanflash. The standard sequence is before. Also check the syntax for my steps. I'm typing this on mobile from my memory.

Try starting over:
1. megarec -cleanflash 0
2. Megarec writesbr sbrempty.bin
3. Reboot
4. Sas2flsh-p14 (without -o) -f 6gbpsas.fw
5. Reboot
6. Sas2flsh-p20 -f 2118IT.bin
7. Sas2flsh-p20 (sas-add)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I am not sure if there has a problem with the card itself, such as the firmware is blocked at the factory.
Or because I executed  this command  first  “SAS2FLSH -o -e 6 ”?

But I see that others have succeeded in this operation.

By the way,

What is the difference between the  “SAS2FLSH -o -e 6 ” and “  -writesbr 0 mepty.bin + -cleanflash ” 

One more thing

before I flash firmware  ,   when   i  turnd  on  power and  pressd  Ctrl + C  , it always  prompted this 

3.thumb.jpg.97c9f3265e2f208ca4d0ef97ee846c9a.jpg

But I've never been in the WebBios 

1.thumb.jpg.d0b7d444ce546c27d6c8eedbaeeeb8ec.jpg

Ask  you for help. thanks 

7 hours ago, vincent99 said:

One more thing

before I flash firmware  ,   when   i  turnd  on  power and  pressd  Ctrl + C  , it always  prompted this 

The card seems not flashable, it show erase success but actually not.

Likely ROM chip in write protect or read only.

Edited by Benson
6 hours ago, Benson said:

The card seems not flashable, it show erase success but actually not.

Likely ROM chip in write protect or read only.

thanks  for your reply,This display  is after I bought it,  not after execute “SAS2FLSH -o -e 6” , My description made you misunderstood 😭 ,sorry 

16 hours ago, vincent99 said:

What is the difference between the  “SAS2FLSH -o -e 6 ” and “  -writesbr 0 mepty.bin + -cleanflash ” 

... writesbr ... use for IT/IR <-> MegaRAID, as your LSI in IT/IR, you shouldn't use writesbr

16 hours ago, vincent99 said:

DOS prompts failed to initialize pal when I update the firmware command, all of which I know is executed in EFI environment)

What screen show during LSI POST now ?

If you do it in EFI environment, two command as below, pls perform one by one again and clearly show all detail

sas2flash.efi -o -e 6

sas2flash.efi -o -f <firmware name>.bin -b mptsas2.rom

Edited by Benson
1 hour ago, Benson said:

... writesbr ... use for IT/IR <-> MegaRAID, as your LSI in IT/IR, you shouldn't use writesbr

If you do it in EFI environment, two command as below, pls perform one by one again and clearly show all detail

sas2flash.efi -o -e 6

thanks  for your reply again

now , I Can‘t saw LSI POST  info  when  power on  

When I execute the command “sas2flash.efi -o -e 6”,  prompted  like  that  firmware  is missing . Please enter the name of the firmware. I don't remember the detailed ,i will give the photo later

But when I execute this 

I get the error 

Chip is in RESET state.  Attempting Host Boot...

ERROR: Firmware Host Boot Failed !

The computer is not around now. I will follow your  steps and  take photos   for you tomorrow (24 Hours later) 

Wait for me

1 hour ago, vincent99 said:

Wait for me

Sure

If I am correct, even perform “sas2flash.efi -o -e 6” and reboot. You also can submit “sas2flash.efi -o -e 6” again without error.

So, how about the output of "sas2flash.efi -listall"

But if you have use "megarec .... " touch the flash chip, then story may be different. How about if "megacli.exe -AdpAllInfo -aAll -page 20" ( megacli not megarec )

I think you should identify which command could recognice the card first.

BTW, may be also ref. below guide

https://www.cnblogs.com/nasiry/p/6390410.html

H200 UEFI:

Boot into UEFI shell:

sas2flash.efi -c 0 -list Write down SAS address.

Reboot into DOS prompt:

megarec.exe -writesbr 0 sbrempty.bin If this fails move on to next step.

megarec.exe -cleanflash 0

Reboot into UEFI shell:

sas2flash.efi -o -f 6GBPSAS.FW Reboot and return to UEFI shell.

sas2flash.efi -o -f 2118it.bin

or sas2flash.efi -o -f 2118p7.bin, reboot, then
sas2flash_p19.efi -o -f 2118it.bin

sas2flash_p19.efi -o -sasadd 500xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by Benson
22 hours ago, Benson said:

sas2flash.efi -o -e 6

How are you, my stranger friend ,As you said, I did that and  got this .

917117316__20191125094405.thumb.jpg.c20982c5d4212ec977eb432894c0f9bc.jpg

I typed “quit” this time 。( I tried to enter the firmware file name before, and  got  the same error  as  type " sas2flash -o -f  <name>.bin" )

2078073939__20191125094511.thumb.jpg.9e20e63f76f7c8736836b7d594788bfe.jpg

1042079812__20191125094432.thumb.jpg.7be2ec5d1f24a4d2fcb966719b9883ab.jpg

12e.bin and 12e.rom  is the firmware and bios P20 version  what i renamed  id。