unRAID 6.6.7 reporting "wrong" disk?

First off, thanks again for the help so far :)

I applied the fix, and unRAID reported that the fix had been applied with succes, rebooted and disk5 is still being reported as "wrong", looked at the syslog.txt and as far as I can see HPA is not present on disk5 anymore, if I am correct, what are my options now ?

I have attached the tower-diagnostics and a screen grab of disk5 still having issues... 

tower-diagnostics-20190321-2011.zip

Annotation 2019-03-21 202200.jpg

From the original diags:

Current disk size: [size] => 7814022404
Size Unraid was expecting [sizeSb] => 7814025476

So disk was smaller than what Unraid was expecting.

Current diags:

Current disk size:[size] => 7814026532

So now the disk is larger than what Unraid expects, this would suggest the disk already had an HPA before this issue, but it grew in size.

Since there's no parity you can easily do a new config, but Unraid will likley complain about an invalid partition, in that case the disk will need to be reformatted, if there's currently data there you can mount it with the UD plugin and move the data to other disk(s) before formatting.

2 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

From the original diags:

Current disk size: [size] => 7814022404

So disk was smaller than what Unraid was expecting.

Current diags:

Current disk size:[size] => 7814026532

So now the disk is larger than what Unraid expects, this would suggest the disk already had an HPA before this issue, but it grew in size.

Since there's no parity you can easily do a new config, but Unraid will likley complain about an invalid partition, in that case the disk will need to be reformatted, if there's currently data there you can mount it with the UD plugin and move the data to other disk(s) before formatting.

Damn, there was roughly 4TB of data on the disk, so have lost that data I guess :(

1 minute ago, johnnie.black said:

No, it should mount normally with UD plugin, then copy the data to another array disk(s).

Should I do the "new config" choosing "all" under  "Preserve current assignments:" first, and then install and run the "UD plugin" to mount the drive and then move data to another drive ?

2 minutes ago, Denner said:

Should I do the "new config" choosing "all" under  "Preserve current assignments:"

Yes, then unassign disk5 and start the array, then use UD to mount the old disk5 and copy the data to the array.

Leaving for the rest of the day, will check back tomorrow if needed.

• Like 1