Win10 VM Locks Up When Installing AMD Driver

I setup a Win10 VM using VNC, then assigned my AMD RX 590 card, tried to run the latest RX 590 driver and the screen goes black and locks up.  I let the VM run for 15 minutes and did a FORCE STOP.  Windows will boot fine if using VNC but when assigning the GPU the system locks up at the TianoCore splash screen.  

Has this happened to others?

Should I not be installing the official driver?  (I haven't had this issue when using a GTX 1060 as primary)

Is there a stable/older version of the driver to use?  I would think the latest driver should be used?

I have a GTX 1060, should I run that as primary/add the AMD as secondary/then try to run install?

@russdyer77 There are a couple reports from people with the same issue with newer AMD drivers. I can't really tell with which driver exactly it started to happen. I remember one user had success using a driver from end of last year. Oct or Nov release i think he used. I can't tell if there is an actual fix for it to be able to use newer drivers. Maybe someone can link you the right thread for it or @limetech has an solution ready that I don't know of.