What caused the recent shutdown/error?

I just got home from work and noticed my server was down.  I plugged the monitor and keyboard into it and all that was on the screen was a bunch of gibberish.  I could hit enter and get blank lines and I could hit ctrl+C and get brought to a login prompt.  I entered my creds and it just took me back to the gibberish.

I did a hard reboot and everything seems fine but I'd like to know what caused the reboot/error.  Diags attached if anyone could parse through that.  I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

tower-diagnostics-20190321-1714.zip

7 hours ago, rmp5s said:

Diags attached if anyone could parse through that.

Syslog is cleared after a reboot, so not much to see there, you can try the new syslog saving feature on v6.7 but looks like you server is spamming the log with these:

Mar 21 17:13:42 Tower kernel: ACPI Error: SMBus/IPMI/GenericSerialBus write requires Buffer of length 66, found length 32 (20180531/exfield-393)
Mar 21 17:13:42 Tower kernel: ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed \_SB.PMI0._PMM, AE_AML_BUFFER_LIMIT (20180531/psparse-516)

So it can fill up quickly, looks for a bios update, it might help with that.

5 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Syslog is cleared after a reboot, so not much to see there, you can try the new syslog saving feature on v6.7 but looks like you server is spamming the log with these:

Mar 21 17:13:42 Tower kernel: ACPI Error: SMBus/IPMI/GenericSerialBus write requires Buffer of length 66, found length 32 (20180531/exfield-393)
Mar 21 17:13:42 Tower kernel: ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed \_SB.PMI0._PMM, AE_AML_BUFFER_LIMIT (20180531/psparse-516)

So it can fill up quickly, looks for a bios update, it might help with that.

Damn.  

Any idea what those ACPI Errors are?

Just now, johnnie.black said:

Usually a bios bug/issue.

Ah.  Ok.  

Well, hope it doesn't die again.

On the bright side, I learned that my DNS settings are incorrect.  It should have failed over to 8.8.8.8 when the server (which is running a pi-hole Docker) went down but it didn't.  So.  Gotta fix that.