Replacing motherboard?

The configuration and OS are all on the flash drive.  You can replace motherboard, CPU, RAM, etc. and the array will remain intact.  As long as you do not make any changes to disks or array configuration, just change the hardware, plug in the flash drive and start the new server.  I've done it several times with my servers. 

It is a good idea to make a backup of your flash drive and take a screenshot of current array disk assignments just in case.

Of course, you will probably need to tweak the BIOS on the new motherboard to make sure it is booting from the flash drive as well as change other settings you may need/want with your new hardware.

If you have VMs, you will probably need to edit the configurations due to hardware changes.

Upgrade when great!  Only hiccup was I replaced my cache ssd drive with a M.2 drive on my motherboard, and I forgot to copy my appdata folder for my dockers data.

SO i had to connect the old ssd up mount it then copy the data to new M.2 cache drive

thanks!