Isolating ram possible?

I have 32GB of ram. I have two VMs set up (one with 16GB and the second with 8GB). Most of the time, I cannot start the second VM and get an error message about ram allocation. If I stop the first VM, I can then start the second instead. Also, I can assign 8GB to each and then can run both at the same time.

I believe the reason is that the dockers / unraid core utilize more than the 8GB I had in mind when assigning ram to the VMs. If so, is it possible to isolate ram for dockers/unraid to 8GB. How to do and does it even makes sense to do so?

No idea, but my ram is always maxed out. It may be Plex or some other docker. I doubt the dockers actually require that much ram, but just takes whatever is available. That's why I am looking into a way to limit the amount of ram used up by unraid/dockers. Possible or other ideas?

Go to your docker page and check the allocation for each container in the advanced view. And check which one is using all the RAM. Usual docker usage is a couple MB up to an gig. Above that is unusual.

Edit:

You can limit the memory usage of a specific docker if you edit the container and add another parameter

Edited by bastl

Oh ok. I forgot to mention I'am on the latest RC. 6.7.0_RC5

I'am not exactly sure what the minimum ammount of RAM is for Radarr, Sonarr and Plex is to run properly. Depends on how big your library is, I guess. Try to limit them to 2G each and check if they are running as usual. Currently all 3 together using almost 10G

Edited by bastl