Intel 660p for write cache?

Abula

Hi,

I'm doing a new build soon, and atm chosing the write drive for a write cache (not interest atm on a read cache), usually i transfer above 1tb a month (most of the time in one day), trying to avoid the low write speeds of unRaid, so its very likely ill be adding an ssd as a write cache, but very tempted on Intel 2TB 660P NVMe M.2 Internal SSD 2TB as its going for $220, although im worried about two things,

1) Its transfer speeds outside the SLC cache, i was watching How SSD Technology Keeps Getting WORSE! - Intel 660p Review and drops to 93mb/s after the cache is used, thessdreview Intel SSD 660P M.2 NVMe SSD Review (1TB) drops to 100MB/s, but yet to see on 2tb version.

2) Its endurance being QLC, but the 2tb has 400TBW rating, thats much more than my unRaid server will ever receive, im guessing maybe around 200tb thinking on expanding on the next 5 years.

Still i would like your opinion into if you guys think its a good option or should i go with something else.

Thanks for feedback.

I just took out a Samsung 850Pro 1tb from my main setup for 970Pro 1tb, its very likely that ill use it for the write cache on unraid, i didn't want to go this route because of 1tb limitation, but it shouldn't diminish the write speed even on larger files, at least to keep maxing the gigbit lan transfer rates.

Thanks again for the reply.