Shares disappearing after few hours, dockers not working

Hi, 

I updated to version 6.6.7 a few days ago and I noticed the next day, that my plex-server was not accessable. 

I had to restart the whole system, as the docker wouldn't restart (Execution Error)

All my shares are not displayed either in that case. It works fine for some amount of time, but if every day now, when I come home in the evening without using my server for most of the day I get these problemes.

I didn't change anything besides updating the system

server1-diagnostics-20190324-1724.zip

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Do you mean they are listed under Unassigned Devices, or do you mean they are listed under Cache Devices but are shown there as unmountable?

It's only shown here under "Array operations" in Main-Tab.

1 hour ago, johnnie.black said:

Not really, diags are after whatever happened, cache doesn't have a valid UUID, though if there's any important data OP can still try these before formatting.

All data that is on there, would not be accessible now, as the disk is not mounted, right?
I'm not missing any data at all and there schouldn't be anything important on the cache anyways, so i'll just format the drive, re-assign it to the cache and see if that solves my problem.

thank you! 

Edited by Einzigstes
5 minutes ago, Einzigstes said:

I'm not missing any data at all and there schouldn't be anything important on the cache anyways

Are you sure nothing important? Normally people put their docker image and appdata on cache, and that is what your configs say you have. But your diagnostics is also showing system, appdata, and domains shares do not currently exist, presumably because cache isn't mounted.

Just now, trurl said:

Are you sure nothing important? Normally people put their docker image and appdata on cache, and that is what your configs say you have. But your diagnostics is showing system, appdata, and domains shares do not currently exist, presumably because cache isn't mounted.

Currently everything is fine, except for the drive, that shows up as unmountable. All my shares are there and dockers are running just fine.

It's only after a while, those shares disappear. 

I have my dockers as well as a vm on the cache, but the files are the only thing, that's really important to me. Those dockers can be set up again.

I will add a new diagnostics file from now, when everything is working:

server1-diagnostics-20190325-2021.zip

20 hours ago, trurl said:

Those shares do exist now, but they are on the array. After you get cache going again you will have to stop docker and vm services so you can move them to cache. Might be just as easy to delete and recreate the stuff on the system share and only move the appdata.

So, cache is working again. Server was running all day and shares were still there when I came home.

Dockers were running but Plex didn't work. No media files would play and after a restart, It won't run.

Is there a simple way to reset all the dockers etc so that I can reinstall them?

Is it enough to just remove them & delete the image?

All shares related to the docker are set cache only, so a reinstallation will automatically put the docker on the cache, right?

(I will also change the path to /mnt/cache/appdata/plex/ etc.)

Or can I just format my cache entirely?

I don't really know what to do but I'd rather do everything new now instead of messing up somewhere and having problems again later.

Thank you!!

OK. As mentioned your last diagnostics had system share on the array. Probably if you delete docker and libvirt images (Settings - Docker and Settings - VM Manager) it will be gone and then would get recreated on cache.

You can easily check which disks are used by each share using the Compute feature on the User Shares page.

On 3/26/2019 at 7:24 PM, trurl said:

OK. As mentioned your last diagnostics had system share on the array. Probably if you delete docker and libvirt images (Settings - Docker and Settings - VM Manager) it will be gone and then would get recreated on cache.

You can easily check which disks are used by each share using the Compute feature on the User Shares page.

Ok, so I did that and re-installed some of my dockers wich seem to work fine. Thank you!
When I tried to setup my windows vm however I got a creation error: qcIebmS.png 

I have tried to mess with the settings, used different ISO's etc. but always the same error!

server1-diagnostics-20190327-2119.zip

Your cache is completely full. You need to get all shares except domains, appdata, and system off your cache drive.

1. Go to Settings - Docker and disable docker and delete the image
  2. Go to Settings - VM Manager and disable VM and delete the image
  3. Go to each User Share and set it to Use cache disk: Yes
  4. Go to Main - Array Operations and click Move Now
  5. Check to make sure no shares are using cache by going to Main - Cache Devices and clicking on the folder icon at the far right.

After you complete this then we can discuss the next steps.

22 hours ago, trurl said:

Your cache is completely full. You need to get all shares except domains, appdata, and system off your cache drive.

1. Go to Settings - Docker and disable docker and delete the image
  2. Go to Settings - VM Manager and disable VM and delete the image
  3. Go to each User Share and set it to Use cache disk: Yes
  4. Go to Main - Array Operations and click Move Now
  5. Check to make sure no shares are using cache by going to Main - Cache Devices and clicking on the folder icon at the far right.

After you complete this then we can discuss the next steps.

Ok, my cache drive is empty now!

Is there anything else I should do, before I install my dockers & vm's?

Looks good.

1. Set appdata, domains, and system shares to Use cache disk: Prefer
  2. Run mover again. Wait for it to complete
  3. Go to the User Shares and Compute for appdata, domains, and system shares to make sure all of their data is on cache

Post a new diagnostic when finished with these.