Cant add share

i formatted my disks with windows and usb stick and started all over.

unraid.JPG

could you tell me why the total says 2TB when there 4TB of parity ?

Edited by Guest
5 minutes ago, wheelhouse20 said:

could you tell me why the total says 2TB when there 4TB of parity ?

Each parity is independent and don't add together.

6 minutes ago, wheelhouse20 said:

i formatted my disks with windows and usb stick and started all over.

Sorry I didn't see your thread before you took that drastic action. I seriously doubt it was really the solution to whatever problem you had.

The OP sounds more like a browser problem. Next time make sure you don't have any adblockers, clear browser cache, try another browser, or just bump your thread if nobody responds.

11 minutes ago, trurl said:

Each parity is independent and don't add together.

Sorry I didn't see your thread before you took that drastic action. I seriously doubt it was really the solution to whatever problem you had.

The OP sounds more like a browser problem. Next time make sure you don't have any adblockers, clear browser cache, try another browser, or just bump your thread if nobody responds.

i am now able to add share`s but before when i clicked to add a share the  page would  reloaded blank.

shares.JPG

30 minutes ago, wheelhouse20 said:

i am now able to add share`s but before when i clicked to add a share the  page would  reloaded blank.

If it happens again ask for help again. Starting from scratch is extremely unlikely to be the best solution to any problem with Unraid.

2 minutes ago, trurl said:

If it happens again ask for help again. Starting from scratch is extremely unlikely to be the best solution to any problem with Unraid.

I dont like pestering people and i thought squid was going to look into it. The posts are there for all moderators to see.

3 minutes ago, wheelhouse20 said:

I dont like pestering people and i thought squid was going to look into it. The posts are there for all moderators to see.

Often the diagnostics can't tell us everything and some dialog with the user is required as well as getting the user to try various things. I even suggested some (too late) in this thread.

Sorry you didn't get a timely response. As I said, just "bump" the thread (post in it again) so it goes back to the top of the unread topics and it may get seen again.

6 minutes ago, Squid said:

I, like constructor trurl are involved in way too many threads and sometimes we miss some replies

Like that other guy "We're a society where pizza gets to your house before the police" said above, we are involved in a lot of threads from a lot of users. I usually start by looking at threads I have already posted in, since I know those are threads I am trying to help with. Then I will take a look at other threads to see if there is anything I can add to those.

We are all just unpaid volunteers here and sometimes have other things in life that prevent us from immediately taking care of all problems.

15 minutes ago, wheelhouse20 said:

Technically, Squid, though very important, is not a moderator. And moderators are just users like yourself with some extra forum capabilities.

This forum is all just helpful users helping each other. Lots of users with lots of questions and lots of helpful users responding. Some may get overlooked or forgotten on occasion. Just try again.

31 minutes ago, wheelhouse20 said:

I understand that you guys are all unpaid volunteers so dont mind waiting.

👍

Lots of threads start out with a user doing something inadvisable, because they didn't get advice. Then the thread may go on for days and pages as we try to help them save their data. The right thing to do isn't always obvious and trying different things without advice often just makes things worse. Parity only helps for certain kinds of problems, and even then it won't help if wrong actions are taken.

18 minutes ago, trurl said:

👍

Lots of threads start out with a user doing something inadvisable, because they didn't get advice. Then the thread may go on for days and pages as we try to help them save their data. The right thing to do isn't always obvious and trying different things without advice often just makes things worse. Parity only helps for certain kinds of problems, and even then it won't help if wrong actions are taken.

what do i need to do toget it showing within windows ? 

18 hours ago, wheelhouse20 said:

yes i cant see my server in Windows File Explorer

If the Windows 10 was installed in last 1 year SMB 1.0 is disabled. You have to enable it for samba share to show up in network.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2696547/detect-enable-disable-smbv1-smbv2-smbv3-in-windows-and-windows-server