Plex Docker working, most movies missing

I have the latest Unraid pro version.  Plex docker installed and up to date.  Movies, music, photos pointed to in the plex docker.

I have 593 movie folders found by plex but only 69 movies.  These are old discs ripped long ago.  All were found and played by various Windows media apps.  The actual files are in a Movies directory on Unraid, under that are the directories for each movie, for example movies \50 first dates.  Under that is a directory always called Video_TS (Movies\50 first dates\Video_TS\

Under that are various files with the extensions BUP, IFO, VOB for example VTS_01_1.VOB.  All this stuff is just the way the rip program pulled the files off of the dvd many long years ago.

Under the first level directory are mkv, jpg and xml files.

This is the first time I have attempted to run Plex.  IIRC I watched the setup youtube video to get it working.  The movies that show under All / Movies all stream just fine, even out to my vehicle (tablet) outside of my home.  The problem is simply that only 69 directories show as movies.  The directories can be seen for the rest of the movies but they just don't show under the Movies section.

I have read a lot of stuff about Plex "naming conventions", but again I did not manually do any of these things, it was the ripping software that did it all.  And manually changing some nefarious naming problem on 500 directories containing thousands of files is not possible.

Any words of wisdom on this?

Thanks.

Edited by jwcolby54

I figured it out.  TS files are not recognized by Plex.  Thus I have to use Handbrake to convert them.  I did the first few (69 apparently) when I figured this out months ago when I got Plex working.  Since forgotten!  Sigh.

Anyway, Handbrake.  Which is a PITA but hey, it works anyway.  If I could just get it to scan all of the high level directories and automatically convert the movies (all 500 of them) that would be RAD.

Edited by jwcolby54