[Solved] Marvell9215 4-port SATA PCI-E card not detected (card dished)

Added new IOCrest Marvell9215 4-port SATA PCI-E card but it was not detected after bootup. This is confirmed to be a compatible card with unRAID. I have drives connected to it but yet to be preclear. In Unassigned Devices they were not detected. What should I do next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by cliewmc
4 minutes ago, cliewmc said:

Facing login problems on the forum. I had to create a new login cliewmc01 but the upload is hidden until my content is validated by the admin.

Not going to approve another account for you. Why can you post the above but somehow you need a new account?

Here is his diagnostics from that unapproved post which I will delete.

clnasty-diagnostics-20190327-2238.zip

• Like 1

Thanks trurl, I can’t login into the forum using the PC but can only go via Tapatalk Pro on my iPhone. I use Facebook credentials on Tapatalk but on the unRAID forum, I cannot use both my email ids, and not able to use Facebook credentials. It’s frustrating.

But thanks for putting up my diagnostics file. So relieved.

17 minutes ago, cliewmc said:

Hi johnnie, please advise if you see anything from the diagnostics. Cheers. cL

58 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

The controller isn't being detect by Linux, try a different PCIe slot if available, it could also be a bad controller or some compatibility issue with your board.

6 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

The controller isn't being detect by Linux, try a different PCIe slot if available, it could also be a bad controller or some compatibility issue with your board.

Or try reseating the card.  If that doesn't work, card might be D.O.A.  Also, do you have adequate power?

• Like 1

I have tried reseating the card numerous times. D.O.A is the best answer. I checked for a replacement on eBay and they cost $70+, a lot more expensive than an 8 port one.

Nvm. Let’s close this one. Appreciate johnnie for the advice.