[Support] Linuxserver.io - OpenVPN AS

44 minutes ago, WebersNET said:

Is it somehow possible to list the users created and delete some of them from within the docker? 

I tried to ssh into the docker, but my noobness prevents me from finguring out how to list the users, so that i can delete the users i dont want. 

Why do you want to? The app has a web interface for that.

So I can now sometimes log into my server and sometimes not.  It seems that it matters where I am connected at.  At work I can log into my server and ping it.  At my parents I don't have access to anything but I do have a changed IP address.  On my phone its the same as work.  I still can't see what's on the network no matter what.  Is this a router issue?  Is the Google Fiber router screwing me some how??

8 minutes ago, GreenEyedMonster said:

So I can now sometimes log into my server and sometimes not.  It seems that it matters where I am connected at.  At work I can log into my server and ping it.  At my parents I don't have access to anything but I do have a changed IP address.  On my phone its the same as work.  I still can't see what's on the network no matter what.  Is this a router issue?  Is the Google Fiber router screwing me some how??

Have you tried posting this on the OpenVPN forum? Probably a lot more experienced users there.

1 hour ago, GreenEyedMonster said:

Can you see you're shares / programs / whatnot by referencing their IP address directly?  I never had name lookup work properly when connected to the VPN, and figured that its just one of those things and did things the way that I know that it works.

5 minutes ago, Squid said:

Can you see you're shares / programs / whatnot by referencing their IP address directly?  I never had name lookup work properly when connected to the VPN, and figured that its just one of those things and did things the way that I know that it works.

Yes, I can.  But only when on the network that gives me that access.  What seems to be happening is that the home network is 192.168.1.0/24 and I'm trying to access from another 192.168.1.0/24 if I get a 172.27.224/20 address, and try to ping 192.168.1.100 it'll likely fail.  So that's why some networks work and others don't.  Now to figure out how to fix it.  I would still love to play a game through steam though. =/

Edited by GreenEyedMonster
24 minutes ago, GreenEyedMonster said:

Yes, I can.  But only when on the network that gives me that access.  What seems to be happening is that the home network is 192.168.1.0/24 and I'm trying to access from another 192.168.1.0/24 if I get a 172.27.224/20 address, and try to ping 192.168.1.100 it'll likely fail.  So that's why some networks work and others don't.  Now to figure out how to fix it.  I would still love to play a game through steam though. =/

Yeah 192.168.1.X is extremely common as the default on consumer routers and you are going to run into routing problems like that especially when trying to VPN from other locations (where others haven't bothered to change the defaults either). Also, since it is so common, it would probably be the first thing someone would try when trying to hack through a NAT. I always make sure to pick some other random uncommon subnet to use when first setting up my local network, and would recommend doing the same to avoid stuff like this and also to make it ever so slightly harder for someone to get into your network.

Hey,

I'm having an odd issue with my OpenVPN that I can't figure out. When I'm remotely connected to my VPN I'm not able to access everything within my network.

Working

• Web Interfaces for other services running in docker (Eg rutorrent, sonar, plexpy) which have the standard addresses of http://<unraidIP>:<port> 

Not Working

• Unraid Web interface via http://<unraidIP>
  • Unable to ssh or even ping unraid via <unraidIP>
  • Other devices on my network (got a couple of raspberry pi's running bits and also can't access the home router UI)
  • Unraid Network Shares

Networking isn't my forte so not really sure where to start debugging this.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks! 

On 18.12.2017 at 10:11 AM, himisk71 said:

Since i have tvheadend and embyserver in a docker (before they was installed in a ubuntu vm) i can't connect them when i have a vpn-connection. Not the webgui nor through e.g. tvhclient.

Anybody knows how i have to configure openvpn-as that i can connect them again?

I wonder if this is a configuration on the openvpn-as docker-side or is it a configuration within the other docker? e.g. like a firewall, you have to open something?

On 12/18/2017 at 2:02 PM, deusxanime said:

Yeah 192.168.1.X is extremely common as the default on consumer routers and you are going to run into routing problems like that especially when trying to VPN from other locations (where others haven't bothered to change the defaults either). Also, since it is so common, it would probably be the first thing someone would try when trying to hack through a NAT. I always make sure to pick some other random uncommon subnet to use when first setting up my local network, and would recommend doing the same to avoid stuff like this and also to make it ever so slightly harder for someone to get into your network.

Thank you!  I think I will be changing my subnet to a super random number.  :)

Hi,
I'm noticing very slows speeds from the server to my client.
The upload of the server is 40mbit/s, but I'm only getting like 3mbit/s.
I have tried disabling compression, but my CPU isn't loaded anyway.
My downlink at client connection is at least 30mbit/s at any given time
Do you guys have any clue as to why I'm experiencing this slowdown? :)

On 10/7/2015 at 2:06 AM, linuxserver.io said:

linuxserver_medium.png

Application Name: OpenVPN-AS

Application Site: https://openvpn.net/index.php/access-server/overview.html

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/openvpn-as/

Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-openvpnas

Please post any questions/issues relating to this docker you have in this thread.

If you are not using Unraid (and you should be!) then please do not post here, rather use the linuxserver.io forum for support.

For upgrading from 2.1.9 to 2.1.12 you may need to follow the directions in this post https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/41631-support-linuxserverio-openvpn-as/?do=findComment&comment=598988

Need some support here. Facing issues with the webgui access. Thread below

On 12/28/2017 at 8:15 PM, ThePhotraveller said:

Need some support here. Facing issues with the webgui access. Thread below

Same issue for me - setup the docker with default settings/ports but cannot open the web gui at all.

All other apps/dockers working fine.

EDIT: I resolved by changing eth0 to bond0.

Following this video:

Edited by jakeandchase
On 20/12/2017 at 6:41 PM, Alphairri said:

Hey,

My OpenVPN server stopped working. I reinstalled the docker. Redid the user, client profiles, UDP-only, TLS, and double-checked the port forwarding. I am still getting timed-out when connecting.

Any thoughts on next steps for troubleshooting?

Thanks,

Alphairri

I'm having exactly the same problem. I've set up my Open-VPN docker exactly as described in the very useful tutorial (though I have a static ip so I skipped the dynamic DNS bit) have my port forwarding setup on my router exactly as I have setup with currently working applications like Plex (which I can access from outside of my LAN). Using an online port checking tool (like this one) shows that 1194 is not open, when other ports I've setup in exactly the same way do show up as open. I've turned off the router firewall and that made no difference.

I've tried to connect to Open-VPN on my phone over 4G and using friends and public wifi and it just tries to connect and eventually times out.

Any thoughts on troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated. 

Happy 2018 all!

Thanks,

Peter

Mine's been working for a while but now I'm having issues connecting as well.

Unfortunately, I didn't wait long enough for it to actually time out. I hit the disconnect button (even though it hadn't actually connected). Now is telling me I've exceeded my 2 connection limit... I presume these will time out eventually and it will drop them. Or do I have to restart the container to get it to drop then?

Sent from Tapatalk

Edit: I just confirmed that I can connect to my home win 10 machine via teamviewer. From there I connected to the WebGUI and was able to confirm that the docker is still running.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had an Unraid server for a couple years, now I'm trying to build one for dad.  Unraid install went fine, created shares, disks, users, etc.

First sign of trouble was trying to get windows to see an SMB share. after playing with it a while I did get it connected to a public share, I haven't attempted to make it private since getting it working at all.  

Second sign of trouble was when I attempted to connect to Remote SMB share from Tower1 6.2.4 to Tower2 6.3.5 using the unassigned devices button.  "Search for Servers in Workgroup" finds tower2 but is unable to "Load Shares" (ie populate the available shares field list) It searches for ~60 sec then returns with nothing in the drop down list.  This still doesn't work.   I just tried going the other direction, from Tower2 to find Tower1.  First button finds the computer in Workgroup but the second doesn't find any shares.

Third sign of trouble, I just installed OpenVPN (linuxserver.io) using all defaults on both Tower1 and Tower2 for the first time on each. After starting the docker, the WebUI won't come up on tower2.  It does come up on tower1.

Please help identify what's wrong with Tower2 that I can't connect to it?

I've verified the following.  verified USB is labeled UNRAID, restarted computer, docker and container, uninstalled and reinstalled openVPN. 

I read in this thread that someone else was able to connect in Bridge mode https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/41631-support-linuxserverio-openvpn-as/?page=7 When I do the install in Host mode, then change it to bridge mode, the GUI does come up. 

No, I don't think so. Here's what I did so far with this docker...

1. from the Apps tab, search for openvpn.

2. Locate and click on the install icon for the Linuxserver.io version.

3. per the spaceinvader's video I was following, verified the default settings were Host and Privileged: = on

4. After the successful install message, click on the Docker tab. See the openvpn docker is running, then click on the WebUI

5. Received the ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED message.

6. Back on the docker tab, EDIT the docker, change the Network Type: to Bridge (from Host).

7. Refresh the chrome tab https://192.168.0.107:943

8. At this point the unsecure message spaceinvader's video said would come up.

Note: This is the first docker installed on this new unraid install.   

Q: Can I continue to run openvpn on the Bridge network type?  Are there any considerations/issues for doing this?

Q: Separate symptom which I expect is related.. I am still unable to use the Unassigned Devices plugin feature to "Add Remote SMB Share" found on the unRaid GUI "Main" tab.

• Like 1
On 10/7/2015 at 2:06 AM, linuxserver.io said:

linuxserver_medium.png

Application Name: OpenVPN-AS

Application Site: https://openvpn.net/index.php/access-server/overview.html

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/openvpn-as/

Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-openvpnas

Please post any questions/issues relating to this docker you have in this thread.

If you are not using Unraid (and you should be!) then please do not post here, rather use the linuxserver.io forum for support.

For upgrading from 2.1.9 to 2.1.12 you may need to follow the directions in this post https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/41631-support-linuxserverio-openvpn-as/?do=findComment&comment=598988

I tried multiple times followed every second of spaceinvader video. I still can't figure out why my connection is not going through. 

Well i am not sure if this is really the right place to ask but i got the following Problem:

I have setup this Docker as shown in @gridrunner's recent Video and remote connection works just fine.

But now i want to be able to remotly access my user shares from a Windows Laptop.

I have no idea what to setup and where to do it. My MacBook just works and i can connect to the shares just fine.
But at the WIndows Laptop i am unable to find the shares under Network or if i try to enter \\TOWER by Hand :(

Any Ideas what i have to do?

59 minutes ago, Random.Name said:

Well i am not sure if this is really the right place to ask but i got the following Problem:

I have setup this Docker as shown in @gridrunner's recent Video and remote connection works just fine.

But now i want to be able to remotly access my user shares from a Windows Laptop.

I have no idea what to setup and where to do it. My MacBook just works and i can connect to the shares just fine.
But at the WIndows Laptop i am unable to find the shares under Network or if i try to enter \\TOWER by Hand :(

Any Ideas what i have to do?

Can you access the WebUI from the windows laptop

Try mapping the shares to the windows laptop by ip address ie \\192.168.1.100\sharename

• Like 1
  • trurl pinned and unpinned this topic