and you do this in Bridge and in the GUI 

like this?

i edit the the 1200 back to 1194  in the container you call it

screen6.JPG

screen7.JPG

other way around

7 minutes ago, comet424 said:

what goes the other way around   the 1194 1200

if so then i have to change container back to 1200  and the GUI  to 1194? is that what you mean

you currently have the container set to 1200, host set to 1194

172.17.0.2 is the container IP, 192.168.1.8 is your host IP

ok  so the Container  is the GUI    and the HOST is the config settings when i Hit EDIT  right

so then i change host back to 1200   

and also change the GUI  login as ADmin  and set it back to 1194 right?

i had to re read 2 messages ago 5 times to try to think it in my head

3 hours ago, aptalca said:

you can change your image to "linuxserver/openvpn-as:2.6.1-ls11" and it should work

Sorry, quick question, how does one go about doing this? (also having the same issue as the previous "update")

EDIT-

I removed the image, then tried

docker pull linuxserver/openvpn-as:2.6.1-ls11

Which seemed like it gave me the previous version (just fumbling about using google here). However, still have the same issue.

EDIT 2-

Removed that image, added the container again via the unRAID GUI, changed the repository to "linuxserver/openvpn-as:2.6.1-ls11", worked like a charm! Back up and running ^_^v

Edited by ryoko227
added information
3 hours ago, ryoko227 said:

Sorry, quick question, how does one go about doing this? (also having the same issue as the previous "update")

EDIT-

I removed the image, then tried

docker pull linuxserver/openvpn-as:2.6.1-ls11

Which seemed like it gave me the previous version (just fumbling about using google here). However, still have the same issue.

EDIT 2-

Removed that image, added the container again via the unRAID GUI, changed the repository to "linuxserver/openvpn-as:2.6.1-ls11", worked like a charm! Back up and running ^_^v

That's right, open the container settings and modify the repository entry (which is the docker image)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hello,

I had installed the openvpn docker using Spaceinvader One's tutorial and everything was fine untill yesterday and can't find what is wrong...

I saw some people had the same issue on this forum but the fix given is not working for me 😞

I am new to unraid or networking so my knowledge in all this is quite limited.

Here is my problem and my setup :

I Can not access WebUI, i get a "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" message

https://imgur.com/a/sfJmf7h

https://pastebin.com/K8UDPtyx

https://pastebin.com/xh4LhU7j

https://imgur.com/a/zbqeCeG

What i tried doing :

- Remove container / delete appdata files / pull fresh app again

- Install to a new /config folder

- Redeploying container in bridge mode and switching to eth0

- appdata restore with CA Backup/Restore plugin

2 hours ago, trurl said:

Did you try installing an earlier version as discussed in the posts just above yours?

Ok did that but didn't work

What i found though is that i could delete the openvpn-as template when selecting it in the Add Container window... Did that, pulled a fresh container and it worked again !

Now i just can't seem to delete that admin user... 

Im starting to think i should stop touching technology

EDIT ----- 

Couldnt delete the admin user threw the GUI 

Found a fix in an earlier post...

# docker exec -it openvpn-as deluser admin

Edited by Casper8790
On 3/22/2019 at 10:08 PM, comet424 said:

im getting frustrated .. i cant delete 1194 i added a port to AS  and still wont add port i googled docker ports and that article was usless it doesnt say anyhing how to erase 1194 and replace it with 1200  

https://lime-technology.com/wp/docker-guide/

so im really getting frustrated   i want 1194 erased and 1200 put in its place.. in host mode  because Bridge mode doesnt work at all gui is disabled

open1.JPG

you have bond instead of bond0

ya i ment to tell you i had fixed that  set it to bond0  after i sent pic  sorry about that

ok i re read things again i  confused

the 172.x.x.  container  and you said the host is my 192.168.1.8

is it supposed to go  192.168.1.8:1200 <-> 172.x.x.x:1194

or                             192.168.1.8:1194 <->172.x.x.x:1200

or what is it supposed to look like  i still dont have internet to my sisters server so i cant edit  but what should it look like  so  i can edit it 

and do i leave the gui to 1200 udp or did i need to change it back to 1194..

i told her to contact her ISP to get a tech out but she being stubborn..  but if you could even edit my photo(s)  and show what it should look like.. as im a visual learner  nto so much a words learner.. with dislexia and learning disablity i learn better with pictures  instead of trying to explain it

if that is ok with you guys 🙂

Edited by comet424
On 3/24/2019 at 11:52 PM, aptalca said:

PSA. It seems openvpn pushed another broken bin, tagged 2.7.3

I get the same error with it as I did with the previously pulled 2.7.2

While they/us try to figure it out, you can change your image to "linuxserver/openvpn-as:2.6.1-ls11" and it should work

I had the same problem and this fixed it! Maybe we should stick it somewhere more prominent! Thanks to @aptalca

Bildschirmfoto vom 2019-03-26 09-58-45.png

• Like 2
On 3/24/2019 at 6:52 PM, aptalca said:

While they/us try to figure it out, you can change your image to "linuxserver/openvpn-as:2.6.1-ls11" and it should work

Thank you for the fix, it works!

So I have been running linuxserver-as openvpn for well over a year without issue.  updated this morning and now everything is messed up.  I read about pulling an old version but that doesnt seem no fix anything can't launch the web UI just keep getting a refusal to connect and also can't connect remotely. tried installing 2.6.1-ls11 ls10 ls2 same issue with all of them.  I have removed the image at a loss right now any help would be appreciated heading out of town tomorrow evening and would like to have this working by then.

So deleting the config folder and the image and starting over worked. 

Thanks

Brian

Edited by btack
On 3/24/2019 at 5:52 PM, aptalca said:

This is why I love the unraid community.  I wait to upgrade, and my issues are already addressed in the forums when I do.  This fixed it for me.  

Thanks, @aptalca❤️

2 hours ago, btack said:

So I have been running linuxserver-as openvpn for well over a year without issue.  updated this morning and now everything is messed up.  I read about pulling an old version but that doesnt seem no fix anything can't launch the web UI just keep getting a refusal to connect and also can't connect remotely. tried installing 2.6.1-ls11 ls10 ls2 same issue with all of them.  I have removed the image at a loss right now any help would be appreciated heading out of town tomorrow evening and would like to have this working by then.

So deleting the config folder and the image and starting over worked. 

Thanks

Brian

Yeah remove your existing image.  then go click add container on the docker page. 
image.png.4ae21cc7e6e90026d33105cbd48d20b8.png
click on the template and go down to your user templates...
image.thumb.png.0fb5140a21af7d03c3ae760948d62555.png

Then click on the openvpn one. 

Then go to the repository line and change it to linuxserver/openvpn-as:2.6.1-ls11 .  

image.thumb.png.bc4bd2e0eb84a722608c6b4127f9da51.png

That is literally all I had to do.  

• Upvote 1

My VPN into my unRaid server worked perfectly fine for the last year.  I could connect using the client and I had no issues.  Recently, the connections has been failing, regardless of which client I use.  I am currently overseas for the military and am unable to physically access my server.  I am able to remotely log into my router.  Additionally, I am able to SSH into my server's command line.  All other services work (PLEX, Sonar, ETC).  I can't administer my server without access.  Forwarding ports on my router also works, as I can access SONAR and RADAR remotely using this method.  I have port 1194 (UDP) forwarded to my servers internal IP address from the router.  Additionally, I have port 943 (TCP) forwarded as well (I saw this on the OpenVPN help page).  I an using No-IP and that seems to work correctly.  Additionally my Router is configured with the appropriate no-IP info.

The log file indicates "server Poll timeout, trying next remote entry"

Additionally, when utilizing TunnelBlick and looking at the logs, I get the following errors:

2019-03-28 11:50:58 TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)

2019-03-28 11:50:58 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed

This access server was built using SpaceInvaderOne's video and worked quite well.  I have the .OVPN config file and I get the same results regardless of which client I am using.  Any help would be appreciated.

Looking further into the Forums, it seems as if there was a bad build of OpenVPN-AS pushed.  Is there anyway to change which repository is being used utilizing the command line?

Dan

Edited by Teknoclown
5 hours ago, Everend said:

So does this mean that I should NOT use CA Auto Update Applications to update the docker as the new version comes out?

My VPN refused connection with Monday's update but changing the repository as noted above fixed it.

I would not use this, when you need it with high priority. The VPN is for me a key component and woud exclude it from auto updating. Nevertheless should you stay informed about security issues of the vpn container and update it when you safely know, that the update is ok and properly working.

3 hours ago, Teknoclown said:

Looking further into the Forums, it seems as if there was a bad build of OpenVPN-AS pushed.  Is there anyway to change which repository is being used utilizing the command line?

I have merged your thread with the correct support thread.

For future reference, you can always go directly to the correct support thread for any of your dockers by simply clicking on its icon and selecting Support.

• trurl pinned and unpinned this topic