[Support] Linuxserver.io - OpenVPN AS

Hey - I started to setup OpenVPN, but Brave reports the certificate is no good:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from 10.0.1.31 (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED

ReloadHide advanced

10.0.1.31 normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Brave tried to connect to 10.0.1.31 this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be 10.0.1.31, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Brave stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit 10.0.1.31 right now because its certificate has been revoked. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

I realize I could just use a different browser, but obviously I would prefer to get this working. Any thoughts?

2 hours ago, tknx said:

Hey - I started to setup OpenVPN, but Brave reports the certificate is no good:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from 10.0.1.31 (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED

ReloadHide advanced

10.0.1.31 normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Brave tried to connect to 10.0.1.31 this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be 10.0.1.31, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Brave stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit 10.0.1.31 right now because its certificate has been revoked. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

I realize I could just use a different browser, but obviously I would prefer to get this working. Any thoughts?

Use another browser or a certificate that is not self-signed.

I am trying to set up open vpn for the first time but whenever i try and access the WebUI it says the site cannot be reached. I am following space invader ones tuorial and followed his steps but cannot get it to open. Anything im missing

Edited by Jhardy51
Spelling
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Jhardy51 said:

I am trying to set up open vpn for the first time but whenever i try and access the WebUI it says the site cannot be reached. I am following space invader ones tuorial and followed his steps but cannot get it to open. Anything im missing

Which address are you using to access it?

1 hour ago, Jhardy51 said:

Sorry ive tried googling it, how do i do this? everything ive tried has come up with the folder doesnt exist in lamens terms

You edit the template for openvpn-as and change your appdata path where it says /mnt/user/whatever_your_share_is/openvpn-as to /mnt/cache/whatever_your_share_is/openvpn-as

You have to click "Show more settings" to see it.

Edited by saarg

Hi,

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong - OpenVPNAS runs fine on my machine that is until I update it... once I update it, it loses all settings and I have to start again and reconfigure it and reissue new keys to users etc... I like to keep things updated but my only choice at the moment is to not update OpenVPNAS... Am I doing something wrong, is this correct behaviour for this docker?

Any help would be very much appreciated!!

19 minutes ago, MikeyJJ said:

once I update it, it loses all settings and I have to start again and reconfigure it and reissue new keys to users etc.

Did you read and follow the Application Setup instructions in the links in the first post if this thread?  If your users were created with PAM authentication, their credentials do not survive container reboots/updates.

image.png.f858dedbd1669e2f17f545c27371a6b3.png

1 minute ago, Hoopster said:

Did you read and follow the Application Setup instructions in the links in the first post if this thread?  If your users were created with PAM authentication, their credentials do not survive container reboots/updates.

Hi yes I did. It's not just the users - the entire configuration is reset. Everything under Configuation, User Management, Authentication is all reset to 'default' - it's as if I've deleted the docker and reinstalled it....

25 minutes ago, MikeyJJ said:

Hi yes I did. It's not just the users - the entire configuration is reset. Everything under Configuation, User Management, Authentication is all reset to 'default' - it's as if I've deleted the docker and reinstalled it....

I just updated this container as I have done many times and all configuration information was preserved (as it always has been).  The only thing I can think of is the location to which the OVPN configuraiton is saved in your appdata share is somehow read-only and the changes are never written permanently.  Grasping at straws, perhaps.

36 minutes ago, MikeyJJ said:

Check the logs after an update.

Post your docker run.

Make sure the config folder is on /mnt/cache

I'm getting an error when I try to log in as admin to openvpn that says my "session has expired, please reauthenticate (9007)"

I removed the docker and image and did a clean reinstall and it still pops up with the same error.  The full error reads:

Sorry, a session error has occurred

It is possible that your session has expired or your login credentials do not allow access to this resource. See error text below for further details:

SESSION ERROR: SESSION: Your session has expired, please reauthenticate (9007)

It give a link to retry the login but I end up in an endless loop to this page again.

Any ideas as to why I cannot log in with this clean install?

thanks.

2 hours ago, cherritaker said:

I'm getting an error when I try to log in as admin to openvpn that says my "session has expired, please reauthenticate (9007)"

I removed the docker and image and did a clean reinstall and it still pops up with the same error.  The full error reads:

Sorry, a session error has occurred

It is possible that your session has expired or your login credentials do not allow access to this resource. See error text below for further details:

SESSION ERROR: SESSION: Your session has expired, please reauthenticate (9007)

It give a link to retry the login but I end up in an endless loop to this page again.

Any ideas as to why I cannot log in with this clean install?

thanks.

Post your docker run

21 minutes ago, aptalca said:

Post your docker run

I have the same issue.

It says "SESSION ERROR: SESSION: Your session has expired, please reauthenticate (9007)"

I've used the default docker-compose.yml provided on docker hub page.

version: "2"

services:

openvpn-as:

image: linuxserver/openvpn-as

container_name: openvpn-as

cap_add:

- NET_ADMIN

environment:

- PUID=1000

- PGID=1000

- TZ=America/New_York

- INTERFACE=eth0 #optional

volumes:

- openvpn_data:/config

ports:

- 943:943

- 9443:9443

- 1194:1194/udp

restart: unless-stopped

volumes:

openvpn_data:

7 minutes ago, TomS said:

I have the same issue.

It says "SESSION ERROR: SESSION: Your session has expired, please reauthenticate (9007)"

I've used the default docker-compose.yml provided on docker hub page.

If you are not using Unraid (and you should be!) then please do not post here, instead head to linuxserver.io to see how to get support.

From the first post in this thread.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='openvpn-as' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'PUID'='99' -p '943:943/tcp' -p '9443:9443/tcp' -p '1194:1194/udp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/openvpn-as':'/config':'rw' --cap-add=NET_ADMIN 'linuxserver/openvpn-as' 

8e356127ef4712a502b0a24a3d9b9324c7c6fcedc5e8a2273cb4a4461ba97c28