[Support] Linuxserver.io - OpenVPN AS

Im having issues with the docker image since upgrading to UnRaid 6.7.  I am running OpenVPN As version 2.7.4.  I believe my setting are correct, and once connected I can access my UnRaid Servers and Dockers.  However, after I disconnect, I have to restart the OpenVPN Docker to reconnect.  It perpetually gets stuck in Tunnelblick until I restart the container and then it works for a single connection again.  Below are my settings.  Any help would be appreciated.

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 9.21.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 9.24.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 9.24.42 PM.png

Does anyone have a link to the most up to date installation instructions? I keep finding space invader videos but they seem out of date - i.e. they show an INTERFACE variable in the setup that apparently doesn’t exist any more. Apologies if this is a common question but the OP doesn’t seem to get updated with this kind of information. 

58 minutes ago, thebruce87m said:

Does anyone have a link to the most up to date installation instructions? I keep finding space invader videos but they seem out of date - i.e. they show an INTERFACE variable in the setup that apparently doesn’t exist any more. Apologies if this is a common question but the OP doesn’t seem to get updated with this kind of information. 

Perhaps read the documentation? On github or docker hub

3 hours ago, Teknoclown said:

Im having issues with the docker image since upgrading to UnRaid 6.7.  I am running OpenVPN As version 2.7.4.  I believe my setting are correct, and once connected I can access my UnRaid Servers and Dockers.  However, after I disconnect, I have to restart the OpenVPN Docker to reconnect.  It perpetually gets stuck in Tunnelblick until I restart the container and then it works for a single connection again.  Below are my settings.  Any help would be appreciated.

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 9.21.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 9.24.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 9.24.42 PM.png

Return all those values to the defaults. Only add your lan subnet to the routing section

2 hours ago, thebruce87m said:

Thanks for your answer. I can’t seem to see any unraid specific documentation in those places. Things like bridge mode vs host settings. Am I missing it?

Bridge vs host settings are available on Unraid there's a switch in each template.  Unraids docker implementation is nothing special.  Documentation applies regardless.

On 6/11/2019 at 8:47 AM, Der_Eine said:

Hi,

I got some problems with the openvpn docker on my unraid 6.7.0 Server. On the photos you can see my configuration and the log. My webbrowser says: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

What can I do?

openvpn_log.JPG

openvpnas_config.JPG

I had had a similar issue. For me it occurred when I updated the OpenVPN-as container. I had to do a clean install (removed docker container and erased the OpenVPN-as folder from my appdata share), reinstalled and that fixed the problem.

10 minutes ago, Spoonsy1480 said:

I get this I cannot find the OpenVPN file to download for my client set up?

Been quite awhile since I've used this app (have switched to a different method of connecting remotely), but after you set up the user etc via the admin login, don't you just login locally as the appropriate user and then download the .ovpn file there and then move it to the applicable device?

Been quite awhile since I've used this app (have switched to a different method of connecting remotely), but after you set up the user etc via the admin login, don't you just login locally as the appropriate user and then download the .ovpn file there and then move it to the applicable device?

I cannot find the ovpn file to download

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 hour ago, Spoonsy1480 said:

I cannot find the ovpn file to download

Login from the OpenVPN WebUI

image.png.34b86797444b0b582aafd8d3e15a0b51.png

I logged in as the user for whom I want the .ovpn profile configured and clicked on the link at the bottom.  I then imported the downloaded .ovpn file into the client on my laptops and mobile devices which need access through Open VPN.

1 hour ago, Spoonsy1480 said:

Was trying to Goto the admin page again,
It’s working now but how do I connect with my unRAID GUI

You need to add the subnet of your unraid server to the settings in openvpn routing info. If you get stuck, there are several posts and images in the last few pages as this started happening in the last update :)

1 hour ago, boragthung said:

To get to the user (non-admin) interface you need to use this address:

https://unraidipaddress:943/?src=connect

I would then bookmark this.

Or just open the gui from docker page, then change out /admin for /client in the adr bar :)

5 hours ago, boragthung said:

To get to the user (non-admin) interface you need to use this address:

https://unraidipaddress:943/?src=connect

I would then bookmark this.

Just the naked domain will suffice, without /admin at the end

This is all in official openvpn-as documentation by the way