[Support] Linuxserver.io - OpenVPN AS


1919 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, antohind said:

Hi yeah, after playing around i figured out I can configure OpenVPn directly onto the PFsense VM :) 

It's almost ready just have a few issues still 

 

1 - once i connect via openvpn I am unable to reach my internal subnet of 192.168.1.0/24 not sure why the automatic NAT rules are failing 

Not to sound like a brokren record, but did you add your subnet in the routing info in the server, as the new ovpn spits out an ip in the subnet of the docker as default.

Link to post
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have made un updated video guide for setting up this great container. It covers setting up the container, port forwarding and setting up clients on Windows, macOS Linux (ubuntu Mate) and on cel

PSA. It seems openvpn pushed another broken bin, tagged 2.7.3 I get the same error with it as I did with the previously pulled 2.7.2   While they/us try to figure it out, you can change

Ok, I used to be able to connect to Host network with this before the update....that allowed me to be assigned an IP on my WiFi subnet, which then allowed me to access the UnRAID GUI interface.  

Posted Images

Im having issues with the docker image since upgrading to UnRaid 6.7.  I am running OpenVPN As version 2.7.4.  I believe my setting are correct, and once connected I can access my UnRaid Servers and Dockers.  However, after I disconnect, I have to restart the OpenVPN Docker to reconnect.  It perpetually gets stuck in Tunnelblick until I restart the container and then it works for a single connection again.  Below are my settings.  Any help would be appreciated.

 

 

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 9.21.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 9.24.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 9.24.42 PM.png

Link to post

Does anyone have a link to the most up to date installation instructions? I keep finding space invader videos but they seem out of date - i.e. they show an INTERFACE variable in the setup that apparently doesn’t exist any more. Apologies if this is a common question but the OP doesn’t seem to get updated with this kind of information. 

Link to post
58 minutes ago, thebruce87m said:

Does anyone have a link to the most up to date installation instructions? I keep finding space invader videos but they seem out of date - i.e. they show an INTERFACE variable in the setup that apparently doesn’t exist any more. Apologies if this is a common question but the OP doesn’t seem to get updated with this kind of information. 

Perhaps read the documentation? On github or docker hub

Link to post
3 hours ago, Teknoclown said:

Im having issues with the docker image since upgrading to UnRaid 6.7.  I am running OpenVPN As version 2.7.4.  I believe my setting are correct, and once connected I can access my UnRaid Servers and Dockers.  However, after I disconnect, I have to restart the OpenVPN Docker to reconnect.  It perpetually gets stuck in Tunnelblick until I restart the container and then it works for a single connection again.  Below are my settings.  Any help would be appreciated.

 

 

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 9.21.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 9.24.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 9.24.42 PM.png

Return all those values to the defaults. Only add your lan subnet to the routing section

Link to post
2 hours ago, thebruce87m said:

Thanks for your answer. I can’t seem to see any unraid specific documentation in those places. Things like bridge mode vs host settings. Am I missing it?

Bridge vs host settings are available on Unraid there's a switch in each template.  Unraids docker implementation is nothing special.  Documentation applies regardless.

Link to post

Hi,

I got some problems with the openvpn docker on my unraid 6.7.0 Server. On the photos you can see my configuration and the log. My webbrowser says: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

 

What can I do?

 

openvpn_log.JPG

openvpnas_config.JPG

Edited by Der_Eine
Link to post
On 6/11/2019 at 8:47 AM, Der_Eine said:

Hi,

I got some problems with the openvpn docker on my unraid 6.7.0 Server. On the photos you can see my configuration and the log. My webbrowser says: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

 

What can I do?

 

openvpn_log.JPG

openvpnas_config.JPG

 

 

I had had a similar issue. For me it occurred when I updated the OpenVPN-as container. I had to do a clean install (removed docker container and erased the OpenVPN-as folder from my appdata share), reinstalled and that fixed the problem.

Link to post
10 minutes ago, Spoonsy1480 said:

I get this I cannot find the OpenVPN file to download for my client set up?

Been quite awhile since I've used this app (have switched to a different method of connecting remotely), but after you set up the user etc via the admin login, don't you just login locally as the appropriate user and then download the .ovpn file there and then move it to the applicable device?

Link to post
Been quite awhile since I've used this app (have switched to a different method of connecting remotely), but after you set up the user etc via the admin login, don't you just login locally as the appropriate user and then download the .ovpn file there and then move it to the applicable device?

I cannot find the ovpn file to download


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to post
1 hour ago, Spoonsy1480 said:


I cannot find the ovpn file to download


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Login from the OpenVPN WebUI

 

image.png.34b86797444b0b582aafd8d3e15a0b51.png

 

I logged in as the user for whom I want the .ovpn profile configured and clicked on the link at the bottom.  I then imported the downloaded .ovpn file into the client on my laptops and mobile devices which need access through Open VPN.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Spoonsy1480 said:

Was trying to Goto the admin page again,
It’s working now but how do I connect with my unRAID GUI


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to add the subnet of your unraid server to the settings in openvpn routing info. If you get stuck, there are several posts and images in the last few pages as this started happening in the last update :)

Link to post
1 hour ago, boragthung said:

To get to the user (non-admin) interface you need to use this address:

https://unraidipaddress:943/?src=connect

I would then bookmark this.

Or just open the gui from docker page, then change out /admin for /client in the adr bar :)

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.