Unassigned Devices Disk and Docker/SMB issue

I have an 8 TB disk with an ntfs file system that I am mounting outside the array via Unassigned Devices and it houses all of my plex media. Currently I have it mounted in the plex docker with r/w slave as suggested by CA Fix common problems but I cannot write to or delete any files from the disk either in plex or through the smb share. I have a movie that is on the disk twice and want to remove it. I also don't believe that I can record any new OTA shows as plex cant seem to write to the disk.

I've tried so far,

• deleting with mc in the unraid terminal - error this is a read only file system (paraphrasing)
  • deleting with filezilla ftp connection - just gives a bad request error
  • deleting through smb share - gives no error at all and the file persists
  • tried mounting as r/o slave in the docker container - same results
  • I also tried running the docker new safe perms in tools but that didn't seem to do anything to the UD disk.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, I do not have this data backed up and as it is currently ~7 TB worth of data I do not want to lose it all.

The only solution I can think up is copying it all off to the array which is parity so it will take me a year to do, and then change the file system of the 8 TB disk. I'm not sure if that is even a solution though.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

• 1 month later...