Plex: so many options...

Hi everyone,

I'm currently transitioning from a dedicated Plex (+CouchPotato,+Sonarr,+Jackett,+Transmission) server to unRAID.

I have installed the Community Applications plugin and searched for the relevant plugins.

However, I am completely lost as there are so many plugins doing seemingly the same thing. Let's take Plex for example, there is:

• binhex plex (binhex)
  • plex (linuxserver)
  • Plex Media Server (plexinc)
  • PlexMediaServer (limetech)

The case is similar with the other plugins I wish to use (usually there is a binhex version and a linuxserver one).

Are there any differences between those plugins? Have I missed a place summarising those differences?

I tried searching on Google and the forum. Each tutorial seems to have its own preference without saying why, and the official threads do not outline any differences.

Could you please help me figure out which versions to install?

Thanks a lot.

(I hope I'm posting in the right category)

Fundamentally, there is zero difference between any of them and any will work out just fine for you.  It's ultimately a difference of style and how updates are handled (lsio issues updates every Friday (Plex is updated everytime you restart it, whereas Binhex issues updates based on the "latest" release in the Arch repo IIRC)

• Upvote 1
Fundamentally, there is zero difference between any of them and any will work out just fine for you.  It's ultimately a difference of style and how updates are handled (lsio issues updates every Friday (Plex is updated everytime you restart it, whereas Binhex issues updates based on the "latest" release in the Arch repo IIRC)
I recommend LSIO

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk