Docker HA and adb container....Anyone have this setup?

1 hour ago, Avico said:

could please explain  how you set up your sorccu/adb docker on the qnap?what is requied from the android device side?(mibox)

Hopefully u manage to make it work anyway

Might be worth noting that you have posted your qnap question on the Unraid forum. Nobody on this thread mentioned qnap.

• 2 months later...
Hi

I'm trying to setup up the same docker for the same HA android TV support. @mkono87 did you succeed?  I found this video but I've no idea how to run the shell command:

I have the container setup and it runs 24/7 butnfor some reason after a day or two all the devices disconnect and throw and error in HA. so I haven't done much with it lately but I plan to finally attack it some day. Il check out that video when I get home.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, mkono87 said:

I have the container setup and it runs 24/7 butnfor some reason after a day or two all the devices disconnect and throw and error in HA. so I haven't done much with it lately but I plan to finally attack it some day. Il check out that video when I get home.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Thanks - would you mind sharing your docker settings please?

I ended up installing Hassio in a VM today and I managed to connect to my Android TVs using the hassio adb server, but I need to work out how to trace the states

• Like 1
Thanks - would you mind sharing your docker settings please?  

I ended up installing Hassio in a VM today and I managed to connect to my Android TVs using the hassio adb server, but I need to work out how to trace the states

when I get home if I remeber I can sure dig up something for you. Mind you adb and HA is no longer on unraid but using the same containers.  

edit... check this out.

https://gist.github.com/mcfrojd/9e6875e1db5c089b1e3ddeb7dba0f304

• 3 months later...

Just thought I'd share in case anyone else lands here like I did.

I'm traveling for work and not at home, so there was only so much I could do, but based on my limited success, I can shed some light on getting the docker container config set up on unRAID along with the sh command that seems to be a point of confusion in this thread.

Thanks to the video posted by @DZMM, I was able to figure this out fairly easily.

image.thumb.png.9f7b427091214bfbb833a23556c2ef65.png

I had also initially created the setup.sh script in the /config folder using notepad++, as this is how I frequently do it for Home Assistant, but there were formatting and permission issues (the latter was warned in the video) so I just recreated the file using vi from the container's terminal and presto.

image.png.1cade828ac371cf870e0b6df80170b89.png

ADB isn't enabled on my TV at home, which is the limitation I mentioned earlier so I get the "No route to host" error, but I'm fairly confident this will work when I get it enabled.

Good luck!

• Like 1

@anderbak thanks for this as I didn't know how to run the script command.  It's still not working for me though which is weird as it keeps saying it can't find startup.sh.  If I don't do chmod +x startup.sh it says 'permission denied', so it knows it's there.  Any idea what's going wrong??  Thanks

docker run -d --name='adb' --net='br0.55' --ip='192.168.50.19' --cpuset-cpus='1,7,8,17,23,24' --log-opt max-size='50m' --log-opt max-file='3' --privileged=true -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -v '/mnt/user/appdata/dockers/adb/':'/config':'rw' 'sorccu/adb' sh -c "/config/startup.sh & adb -a -P 5037 server nodaemon"
#!/bin/sh

sleep 5

DEVICES="192.168.30.30"

echo "Connecting to devices."
for device in $DEVICES; do
   adb connect $device
done
echo "Done."

while true; do
  for device in $DEVICES; do
    adb connect $device (anglebracket) /dev/null 2(anglebracket)&1
  done
  sleep 60
done

@DZMM 

That's the same permission issue I ran into when creating the setup.sh file using notepad++ and putting it in adb's appdata folder.

Start by opening the adb container's console.

image.png.353d64b57cd72ba9230c4fff15b5f646.png

Check your permissions by typing

ls -alh /config

image.png.ffc0b41952843036df1aac9678183fb6.png

I corrected mine using

chmod 777 /config/startup.sh

and

chown root:root /config/startup.sh

I also noticed in your post the same formatting errors that I had from c/p with notepad++. Your issue may just be c/p to your post, but verify you don't have the two "(anglebracket)" in your script.

image.png.dbcf56c4e55b3de0bf2e27f82354b8d7.png

If you're not familiar with vi, it's unintuitive at first.
After typing

vi /config/startup.sh

move your cursor to an area where you need to make a change. Hit "i" on your keyboard. Make the necessary changes. Hit the "esc" key when you're done making changes. Type ":wq" to write the changes and close the file. Restart adb.

Edited by anderbak
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I was having the same issues as mentioned in this post - I know its a bit old now but I've only recently become a user of UnRAID.

I re-packaged the sorccu container with a script which will connect to the androidtv/firetv devices automatically and attempt to keep them connected. Its nothing fancy but it works for me.

Its here if it will help anyone else with these issues: https://hub.docker.com/r/barnybbb/adb-hass-androidtv

Thanks,

Barny.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2020 at 4:48 PM, Barny said:

I was having the same issues as mentioned in this post - I know its a bit old now but I've only recently become a user of UnRAID.

I re-packaged the sorccu container with a script which will connect to the androidtv/firetv devices automatically and attempt to keep them connected. Its nothing fancy but it works for me.

Its here if it will help anyone else with these issues: https://hub.docker.com/r/barnybbb/adb-hass-androidtv

Thanks,

Barny.

Thanks a lot Barny for sharing this.

You should make a template and publish it in unraid community apps so more people will find it

On 1/3/2021 at 9:35 AM, L0rdRaiden said:

Thanks a lot Barny for sharing this.

You should make a template and publish it in unraid community apps so more people will find it

I needed this today too and found that it wasn't a template so I created one for it.

If Barny ever decides to spin up a container template repo for CA and would prefer to take this over I'd gladly hand it over, but for now I wanted to get this out to more people who may need it :)

Edited by CorneliousJD
  • Thanks 1
  • 5 months later...

@CorneliousJD thanks for converting this to a template and helping people out with it. This was a little Christmas project of mine which I promptly got distracted from with that pesky thing called "work" for the last 5 months...

I'm finally back to playing with my unraid/hass/firetv integrations (when time permits!).