Shares not visible on network

Hello! So word of warning I am brand new to the unraid software and just installed it today so if something is super simple I apologize. I am trying to setup a VM to run ubuntu on my unraid server. I went into the "isos" share and set export to yes and set it to public. However, I'm unable to see the isos share on my windows 10 computer that's also on the network. Can someone help me figure out whats wrong and how to fix this? (Note: when I go into my routers connected devices I see the tower but it still doesn't show up on my windows 10 laptop).  

What do you have as the network type in the VMs definition?   If it is probably set to virbr0 that is a NAT style bridge only allowing outbound connections (which would explain your symptoms).

To rectify that you first need to check that you have bridged networking unable at the Unraid Level (Under Settings => Network Settings.  That would give you a bridge that can make the VM to appear to be directly connected to the LAN.    This bridge is typically called br0 although the user can use other names.    Once you have such a bridge is available go into the settings for the VM and set the network to use this bridged connection instead of virbr0.