my working USB/HDMI over ethernet vm setup

Hey gang, I just wanted to toss a few notes on here on what I finally got to work for my VM setup.  I use KVM machines for 

• A gaming rig (Win 10, 3 cpu, 16gb of RAM, 1060GTX, usb sound card)
  • A shop machine that also runs my CNC in my garage (Win 10, 3 cpu, 16gb of RAM, 1050GTX, usb sound card)
  • A shop machine that is just for netflix and stuff for the shop in my basement (Win 10, 2 cpu, 8gb of RAM, 710GT, usb sound card)
  • various VNC vms and docker containers

All of the VMs have a single USB port assigned to them using a Highpoint RocketU 1144D. The VMs are connected to a Monoprice HDMI and USB KVM Extender  that allows me to have the keyboard, mouse and soundcard up to 100 feet away at 1080p/60hz  .   This has been a huge deal for my shop as it allows me to have a powerful enough machine to run Fusion360 and do some on demand CAD work with no moving parts or fans to suck up metal bits and saw dust. The gaming rig is my daughters and benchmarks like an i5 with a 1050 according to 3dmark, so fairly respectable. 

The biggest challenge was finding a USB card that would work (I have a drawer of 4 port cards that don't work now)  and making sure I have enough cooling in my case to support 3 video cards.     

here are the quad cards that DON'T work

Vantec Quad Chip 4-Port Dedicated

Vantec UGT-PCE430-2C  
StarTech.com 4 Port PCI Express
StarTech USB 3.1 PCI-e Card – 4 Port – 4X USB-A

• Like 3