Midnight Commander Progress Bar Disappeared?

Hi,

As the title suggests, when I use Midnight Commander to copy/move files around there is no longer a progress bar? the operations are working but I can no longer see the progress.  I have googled but can only find other people with the same issue (linux in general) but no solution

Any ideas?

I noticed something had changed a few versions ago.  When moving a single file/folder I *sometimes* get a progress bar, but not always.  The only way I know something is going on is that the cursor/tab keys do not move anything until it's completed.

I'm pretty sure that you *used* to get a full progress panel, with file count, speed, time remaining, etc., when moving single files/folders.  Now that only appears if you're dealing with multiple files/folders.

I'm guessing that mc got a version bump somewhere along the line, but that's about as far as my knowledge extends.

(I actually came onto the forum to search for a different mc question - when running in the browser, I'm not sure how you trigger an F5 (copy), as that just refreshes the window.  I've been pressing F9 to bring up the dropdown and getting it from there.)

2 hours ago, Cessquill said:

(I actually came onto the forum to search for a different mc question - when running in the browser, I'm not sure how you trigger an F5 (copy), as that just refreshes the window.  I've been pressing F9 to bring up the dropdown and getting it from there.)

Alt + numkey

e.g. copy is Alt + 5, quit is Alt + 0

Edited by tjb_altf4
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...