Home Security Camera System - unRaid, Zoneminder & Home Assistant

techukie

This would work okay for a couple cameras. I have 6 IP cams with zoneminder running in a VM on Proxmox on a Dell R720. My original setup I had Freenas as my storage server and a share mounted in the zoneminder VM for camera storage It worked great. I decided to give Unraid a try as my NAS to recoup some extra storage space. I setup a share from in Unraid mounted it in the NVR VM, it was a disaster I was getting recording errors, things weren't getting recorded. Cameras would drop off. I was recording at 1080p initially i dropped to the lowest rez that helped some but same thing. The poor write speed of Unraid parity just couldn't keep up. I did work well making the video location an unassigned disk without the parity but not like having an actual array like ZFS. I ended up taking a drive out of the unraid and installing it into the R720 and passing it through to the VM and no issue since. I did also try using the cache drive on that share and that worked great until the mover ran and same problems. The R720 and Unraid are both using 10GBE so its not a network issue either. It would also depend on the cameras used CCTV are very limited on the bandwidth they have so more of them would probably work.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, kizer said:

Wyze Cameras now Support RTSP on their V2 line.  For $20 to $25 per Camera I think I might give this a try fun. 

Mine was just delivered last night first attempt to integrate with blue iris failed tried to flash it new firmware and that went through but could not connect to BI will keep working at it, will be interested to hear how you make out oh and as far as video quality i'm impressed with this little camera

• 1 year later...