docker-storman build variable

I tried to search around and couldn't find any clear answer if I can add a build option/variable for the unraid docker interface?

I want to add the --build-arg so I can set a password for the Storage Manager docker found here:

https://github.com/Fish2/docker-storman

As far as I can tell, it is not supposed to be entered in the "Extra" nor the "Post" fields under advanced?

I just want it to be set every time I update the docker container etc. without extra manual involvement. 

3 minutes ago, olehj said:

I tried to search around and couldn't find any clear answer if I can add a build option/variable for the unraid docker interface?

I want to add the --build-arg so I can set a password for the Storage Manager docker found here:

https://github.com/Fish2/docker-storman

As far as I can tell, it is not supposed to be entered in the "Extra" nor the "Post" fields under advanced?

I just want it to be set every time I update the docker container etc. without extra manual involvement. 

You can't add it to an already built container. The argument is only for use when building the image locally on your server. 

So the options you have is to not set your own password or build the image yourself with the command in the Readme you linked. This needs to be done on the command line. 

Aha

I thought it would rebuild when you forced an update, like when you add a new container. So I thought it would be possible to enter those build commands somewhere.

If I build it on the command line like it says in the Readme, will it be recognized in Unraid and will it remember the manual set password if I force update the container later or make any changes to an existing container?

1 minute ago, olehj said:

Aha

I thought it would rebuild when you forced an update, like when you add a new container. So I thought it would be possible to enter those build commands somewhere.

If I build it on the command line like it says in the Readme, will it be recognized in Unraid and will it remember the manual set password if I force update the container later or make any changes to an existing container?

When you build it yourself, you can still use the same template and just change the repo to the name you gave the image at build time. 

When you build the image yourself, you will not get any updates as you build it yourself and doesn't download the image from the dockerhub. 

So if there are changes done by the software developers, you have to build the image again locally.