[Solved] Server went dark on me, twice! Reboot required (possible SATA issues, resolved in ensuing posts)

The last two days, my unRAID server went 'dark' on me twice, overnight. The hardware is on but I wasn't able to access on webgui, on the console, it's blank too, no prompt. 

After reboot, it came back on. I have the diag attached. The first time I cancelled parity check because I had finished rebuilding a disk (Disk 6). (Note: Disk 6 is an older disk that had a legacy CRC count 2 that did not get not get worse after preclear & included back into the array. This info may not be the cause but including it just in case.) 

After this second time, I am allowing the parity check to continue. Whilst I continue monitoring the system and allowing the parity check to continue, should I be running any commands to log system performance so that I can capture the latest activity if it goes 'dark' again? Read something about a 'tail command', would this capture this activity info & how do I run this? 

Thank you in advance for your advice. 

clnasty-diagnostics-20190407-0926.zip

Edited by cliewmc
clarify item
  • 1 month later...

Since my last post, the system has rebooted 3 times. I missed the Fix Common Problems troubleshooting logs. Got this finally. 

The most recent one was after 1146h, and after a reboot, the latest diagnostic file 1322h. 

Note that my cache SSD has a 'creeping' CRC error count, now at 384. It came up over the last 2 months from about 200. Not sure if this can call the server to 'hang'. 

Any advice provided is greatly appreciated. cL

clnasty-diagnostics-20190512-1146.zip clnasty-diagnostics-20190512-1322.zip FCPsyslog_tail.txt

Edited by cliewmc
  • 2 weeks later...