X9DRi-LN4F+ nvme passthrough slow

I am trying to replace my desktop by putting my 1080 ti and my western digital black nvme into my X9DRi-LN4F+  system. I have dual 2680v2 and I am getting terrible nvme performance when running a crystalDiskMark benchmark. 272 MB/s write compared to almost 3,000 MB/s write when native in my desktop. Is this an issue with my motherboard or the passthrough? I have both the video card and the nvme on CPU1 PCI-e x16 3.0 slots. I have also tried the CPU2 slots. I have the CPU isolated and pinned to that VM. 

does anyone have any suggestions?

-Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

lspci -s 00:00.0 -vv | grep Lnk

Change 00:00.0 to the one that matches your device. In that motherboard should be 84:00.0 , 83, and 82 for the cpu2 PCIe's and see what link speed is detected by unraid.

Example, my GTX 1070:
# lspci -s 84:00.0 -vv | grep Lnk
                LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 8GT/s, Width x16, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s <512ns, L1 <16us
                LnkCtl: ASPM Disabled; RCB 64 bytes Disabled- CommClk+
                LnkSta: Speed 2.5GT/s (downgraded), Width x16 (ok)
                LnkCtl2: Target Link Speed: 8GT/s, EnterCompliance- SpeedDis-
                LnkSta2: Current De-emphasis Level: -6dB, EqualizationComplete+, EqualizationPhase1+

Speed appears as downgraded since it's not currently being used by the system. If i do the same when a game is running it will get the 8GT/s speed.

Try that both with your card and the nvme disk to see if the pci bandwith is correctly detected. If not maybe something in bios is not ok.

Example for a usb3.0 pcie card i have in the 1x slot of the cpu2:

lspci -s 82:00.0 -vv | grep Lnk
                LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s <4us, L1 unlimited
                LnkCtl: ASPM Disabled; RCB 64 bytes Disabled- CommClk+
                LnkSta: Speed 5GT/s (ok), Width x1 (ok)
                LnkCtl2: Target Link Speed: 5GT/s, EnterCompliance- SpeedDis-
                LnkSta2: Current De-emphasis Level: -6dB, EqualizationComplete-, EqualizationPhase1-