ASUS XG-C100C 10GBe NIC - Not Detected.

Hello,

Installed ASUS XG-C100C 10GBe NIC which I can confirm is not defective as tested in a Windows 10 system. After booting with Unraid Version 6.7.0-rc7 2019-04-03 the 10G NIC is not recognized and there is no LED activity on the card (CAT 7 installed).

Attached Syslog.

Any tricks to enabled the NIC?

Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI-CF, Version x.x
American Megatrends Inc., Version F8
BIOS dated: Fri 25 Jan 2019 12:00:00 AM MST

Thanks,

Kat

syslog.txt

Taking a punt here...

I noticed you have an m.2 nvme installed, double check it's not in the slot (M2B_SOCKET) that shares bandwidth by the x4 slot, which I assume is where the NIC is installed).

This would cause the NIC not to be detected, on the off chance the config changed slightly from when you had it running in win10.

6 hours ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Taking a punt here...

I noticed you have an m.2 nvme installed, double check it's not in the slot (M2B_SOCKET) that shares bandwidth by the x4 slot, which I assume is where the NIC is installed).

This would cause the NIC not to be detected, on the off chance the config changed slightly from when you had it running in win10.

I bet that's the problem! Forgot about the nvme and possibly sharing bandwidth with the same slot the 10G NIC is installed. I will try to move it later today and see if that solves it.

Manual shows - The PCIEX4 slot becomes unavailable when a device is installed in the M2B_SOCKET connector.

Otherwise will post Diagnostic Logs.

Thanks,

Kat

Edited by meerkat154
  • 2 years later...