[Support] Linuxserver.io - Sickchill

linuxserver_medium.thumb.png.35b092cd12872e6e6ef7c0adcba87a56.png

Application Name: Sickchill

Application Site: https://sickchill.github.io/

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/sickchill/

Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-sickchill

Please post any questions/issues relating to this docker you have in this thread.

If you are not using Unraid (and you should be!) then please do not post here, instead head to linuxserver.io to see how to get support.

Edited by linuxserver.io
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have not been able to download torrents since 11/29. I have read other users saying it is because of the cfscrape and TVDB changing their API. The suggested solution is to replace the __init__.py file with a fixed one. However this is not possible in the docker as far as I can tell. I keep getting errors that I cannot connect to search providers or torrent app. Nothing changed that I am aware of. No updates, not even a server reboot.

1 hour ago, Steve-0 said:

I have not been able to download torrents since 11/29. I have read other users saying it is because of the cfscrape and TVDB changing their API. The suggested solution is to replace the __init__.py file with a fixed one. However this is not possible in the docker as far as I can tell. I keep getting errors that I cannot connect to search providers or torrent app. Nothing changed that I am aware of. No updates, not even a server reboot.

If you're sure you're running the latest version of our container then it must be a sickchill issue as we're building from master and it's up to date.

https://github.com/SickChill/SickChill/commits/master

https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-sickchill/releases/tag/2c72459d-ls28

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So I've been using this docker image for a few weeks and it's been great. Yesterday I replaced my parity drive which, of course, involves stopping the array. I restarted all my docker containers but for some reason sickchill isn't coming back right. It binds to port 8081 but refuses all incoming connections and I see a stuck python process taking up 1 CPU core.

nobody    1858  1547 87 21:12 ?        00:00:06 python /app/sickchill/SickBeard.py --datadir /config

I also see this in the logs over and over but I'm almost positive the same git errors popped up before:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/app/sickchill/SickBeard.py", line 520, in <module>
SickChill().start()
File "/app/sickchill/SickBeard.py", line 245, in start
sickbeard.initialize(consoleLogging=self.console_logging)
File "/app/sickchill/sickbeard/__init__.py", line 1596, in initialize
silent=False
File "/app/sickchill/sickbeard/scheduler.py", line 43, in __init__
self.lastRun = datetime.datetime.now() + self.run_delay - cycleTime
OverflowError: date value out of range
File "/app/sickchill/SickBeard.py", line 520, in <module>
SickChill().start()
File "/app/sickchill/SickBeard.py", line 245, in start
sickbeard.initialize(consoleLogging=self.console_logging)
File "/app/sickchill/sickbeard/__init__.py", line 1596, in initialize
silent=False
File "/app/sickchill/sickbeard/scheduler.py", line 43, in __init__
self.lastRun = datetime.datetime.now() + self.run_delay - cycleTime
OverflowError: date value out of range
21:14:12 WARNING::MAIN :: Unable to setup GitHub properly, You are currently being throttled by rate limiting for too many requests - Try adding an access token. Error: 403 {"documentation_url": "https://developer.github.com/v3/#rate-limiting", "message": "API rate limit exceeded for 108.29.8.54. (But here's the good news: Authenticated requests get a higher rate limit. Check out the documentation for more details.)"}

Any idea what it could be?

I could just remove and re-install the container but I think that would loose all my configs which I'd rather keep if possible.

Edited by tomsliwowski
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, huladaddy said:

Out of the blue, I am getting this error:

python: can't open file '/app/sickchill/SickBeard.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I see a file called SickChill.py. Should this file be run instead? How do I make the change?

Same issue here...been using this image for years and today it won't come online.

**EDIT**

OK, got past this part.  Used a symbolic link first, then edited the run...now getting this error

SyntaxError: invalid syntax
File "/app/sickchill/SickChill.py", line 14, in <module>
import sickchill.start
File "/app/sickchill/sickchill/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
from .show.indexers import indexer, ShowIndexer
File "/app/sickchill/sickchill/show/indexers/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
from .handler import ShowIndexer
File "/app/sickchill/sickchill/show/indexers/handler.py", line 3, in <module>
from sickchill import logger, settings
File "/app/sickchill/sickchill/logger.py", line 69
msg = re.sub(fr'\b({item})\b', '*' * 8, msg)

Edited by comfox
New Errors

Right now on the current docker image, I'm seeing this error on startup:

/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sickchill/locale
/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sickchill/locale
File "/usr/bin/SickChill.py", line 14, in <module>
import sickchill.start
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sickchill/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
from .show.indexers import indexer, ShowIndexer
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sickchill/show/indexers/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
from .handler import ShowIndexer
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sickchill/show/indexers/handler.py", line 5, in <module>
from sickchill.tv import Show, TVEpisode
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sickchill/tv.py", line 15, in <module>
import imdb
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'imdb'

EDIT: Opened issue on github at https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-sickchill/issues/25

Edited by JustinAiken
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello guys,

Not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes....I have SickChill running, everything works fine but when searching is done, it finds and sends torrents to DelugeVPN for downloads. All downloads continuously start and stop, nothing gets created in my "incomplete" folder. If I try with Sonarr torrents sent to DelugeVPN downloads work and get completed (fully downloads in the incomplete folder then gets moved to the completed folder). If I try manually adding torrents or magnets to Deluge they also work as intended......So my conclusion is that something is off coming from SickChill, maybe permissions.

I ran Docker safe new perms more than once, still didn't fix the issue. I also tried running "chmod 777 -R" on my SickChill appdata folder but it still misbehaves.

Hope someone here is able to help PLEASE.

On 10/9/2020 at 10:08 PM, spacer00ster said:

Hello guys,

Not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes....I have SickChill running, everything works fine but when searching is done, it finds and sends torrents to DelugeVPN for downloads. All downloads continuously start and stop, nothing gets created in my "incomplete" folder. If I try with Sonarr torrents sent to DelugeVPN downloads work and get completed (fully downloads in the incomplete folder then gets moved to the completed folder). If I try manually adding torrents or magnets to Deluge they also work as intended......So my conclusion is that something is off coming from SickChill, maybe permissions.

I ran Docker safe new perms more than once, still didn't fix the issue. I also tried running "chmod 777 -R" on my SickChill appdata folder but it still misbehaves.

Hope someone here is able to help PLEASE.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

• 5 months later...

Just update my SickChill container to the latest version and now it is not booting. I am getting this error:

File "/usr/bin/SickChill.py", line 5, in <module>
from SickChill.SickChill import start
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'SickChill.SickChill'; 'SickChill' is not a package

1 hour ago, huladaddy said:

Just update my SickChill container to the latest version and now it is not booting. I am getting this error:

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'SickChill.SickChill'; 'SickChill' is not a package

Same here

22 hours ago, huladaddy said:

The update that came out today fixed the issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, EvylRat said:

I tried pulling a previous docker image down, but can't get that working.  How can we pull the previous image?  I thought I could change the repository setting like we did recently for influx (influxdb:1.8.4).

Hi there,

I had it working again just editing the template and using as repository:

linuxserver/sickchill:amd64-version-2021.3.28.post3

As @huladaddy said before, changing back to "latest" repository is working fine again.

Cheers

• 7 months later...
4 hours ago, Carlos said:

Today's build is broken, I had to rollback to linuxserver/sickchill:2021.7.23 repository to make it work again

Agreed...

How did you do the rollback?

EDIT: Never mind, you already provided the link, I just didn't know to put that in the repository field.  Thank you!

Edited by comfox
Fix was already listed