Xpenology Drive Unassigned Devices and Unraid

Hi,

New user, not that tech savvy.

I had an Xpenology up and running with a single 8TB, I updated it by mistake and it needed a rebuild. On the advice of a friend I decided to go to Unraid and bought another 8TB drive to use as a primary.

The new 8TB is mounted I'm now trying to mount the Xpenology drive and can't. When I press the Mount drive in Unassigned Devices it seems to refresh and then not mount.

Should this work? Any pointers.

Thanks,

Con.

3 minutes ago, AmberGold said:

Hi,

New user, not that tech savvy.

I had an Xpenology up and running with a single 8TB, I updated it by mistake and it needed a rebuild. On the advice of a friend I decided to go to Unraid and bought another 8TB drive to use as a primary.

The new 8TB is mounted I'm now trying to mount the Xpenology drive and can't. When I press the Mount drive in Unassigned Devices it seems to refresh and then not mount.

Should this work? Any pointers.

Thanks,

Con.

Look at the log.  It will tell you why it won’t mount.

1 hour ago, AmberGold said:

I had an Xpenology up and running with a single 8TB, I updated it by mistake and it needed a rebuild.

If you know the format you used, you may be able to run the appropriate file system tools and get the data readable.

8 minutes ago, AmberGold said:

Seems to be some reports in online forums that it was as simple as adding the drive using unassigned device plugin. Wrong obviously. Thanks for the response..

If the drive was healthy with a file system unraid understands, it would be that simple. Apparently your file system was damaged, based on the statement that it needed a rebuild.

It wasn't damaged, it took me a day or so to build it in the first place and I didn't want to go through that again so never bothered to try and get it going. 

Doing a rebuild with Unraid seemed a better option (easier / supported) and under advice from a colleague I could mount the Xpenology drive. The drive is healthy & intact. More or less new WD Red.

If I could get it readable that would be great, I just want to copy to the new array and then reformat.

Edited by AmberGold