6.6.6 hang/freeze issue

UPDATE:

the cursor remains to flash but keyboard is frozen. I toggle caps lock and num-lock and the lights (caps and num) just stay as it was before freezing. 

Hello,

I've attached my FCPsyslog_tail.txt & everestsrvr-diagnostics-20190408-0031.zip. Please note that I am unable to capture a syslog before rebooting as no network connectivity and unable to type in console during hung state. I would take a picture when it's frozen but it's just a CLI login prompt with a frozen solid cursor (not flashing).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Kevin 

Edited by Kevinb123213
misleading information

Hi Kevin,

I've got exactly the same symptoms. My problems started occurring when I upgraded from 6.3.5. Before that my system was completely stable. 

Here is a thread that outlines what I've tried so far (maybe one of the things may work for you): 

With having replaced various pieces of hardware and the other actions I've taken, I'm thinking that my issue is a software problem. Is there any plugins or dockers you have in common with me? 

I will check your diagnostics as well to see if anything leaps out at me.

Pete

I can see you're running an ASUS motherboard with the Z77 chipset....same as me (P8Z77-V LX)

I'm going to have a look at some of the other diagnostic files for people reporting the same symptoms and see if there's anything in common

Edited by PeteB

Thank you PeteB for the prompt reply.

I've taken a look at your post and I am running the latest BIOS 2203 for P8Z77-M but there hasn't been an update since 2016 for the BIOS.

Looking at some of the replies on your post i'm going to try the following and get back to you:

1. tail -f /var/log/syslog  Thanks to glennv on your post.

2. Post a picture of console screen with tail command at hung state.

I have same lockup behavior where it will freeze randomly between just a few hours and 11 days.

I have the following plugins installed and up-to-date:

CA Auto Update Applications           -- 2019.02.22

Community Applications                  -- 2019.04.06a

Dynamix Active Streams                  -- 2019.01.03

Dynamix SSD TRIM                          -- 2017.04.23a 

Fix Common Problems                     -- 2019.03.26

Nerd Tools                                      -- 2019.01.25

Speedtest Command Line Tool        -- 2018.02.11

Tips and Tweaks                            -- 2019.03.29

Unassigned Devices                       -- 2019.03.31

I have the following Docker Containers installed and up-to-date:

image.png.3a1f041c0d708ce6599d1661cfc0e036.png

I thought it might be a SMART/HDD problem because I was receiving offline uncorrectable errors on two drives from unassigned devices. I have pulled those drives from sata and power and removed from chassis. However, freezing continues.

I've also done a memtest from unraid boot. It passed 2 passes (not sure if thats enough).

My next steps. 

Boot UnRAID in safe mode and test stability.

Thanks,

Kevin

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Squid said:

Your problem would be more likely related to VMs, especially if passing through hardware directly to the VM.

Unfortunately, I'm not using VMs. I was still getting these soft-locks with virtualization disabled in BIOS. However, there was a point in time which I was using VMs and passing hardware through. Just today, I noticed that my Syslinux configuration had hardware ids for passing through old Network cards and graphics cards of which are no longer in the server. I have removed those pcie ids boot flags. If I understand you correctly, you are saying that this could cause these soft-locks?

• 3 weeks later...