Moved docker.img and appdata to deticated UD ssd. Few question please.

I have an Ssd in unassigned drives that I use for vms but I decided to take my docker.img and app data from my cache drive and put it on the deticated Ssd. So far it working well. I did not delete the original docker.img just in case. Tried to delete in krusader but didn't work. How can I do this?

After going one by one through my templates and switching all the config paths over to the new drive I went into fix common problems and it tells me I should switch it to slave. Why is this exactly? If everything is on the same drive like it was when it was cache? Why do this?

Does the system share have to stay on cache? It's has that usblib file.

Did it make sense to move docker to a dedicated Ssd or will this complicate things?

29 minutes ago, mkono87 said:

tells me I should switch it to slave. Why is this exactly? If everything is on the same drive like it was when it was cache? Why do this?

Because that setting when passing through mappings that are on an unassigned device gives the least amount of problems.  Not setting it to Slave will mean that on occasion the system will see the folder, but not see the files within

31 minutes ago, mkono87 said:

Does the system share have to stay on cache? It's has that usblib file.

no

31 minutes ago, mkono87 said:

Did it make sense to move docker to a dedicated Ssd or will this complicate things?

It's all your choice.

@SquidMy whole reasoning behind doing it was that I was having issues with system lag due to iowait causing cpu to stay at 100% when extracting large files or encoding video to new formats. It would cause some of my containers mainly Home Assistant to start acting up and throwing false positives on automatons. So Im trying to separate things as much as I can and the output folder of the encoded media not to use the cache anymore.

Okay so Il have go to each container one by one and create new paths for the /config folders as its looks like there is not edit button for those paths.