[SOLVED] New router, missing IP4 address and can't connect

I got a new router, Linksys EA8300 Max-Stream AC2200. After booting my unRAID server I see it on the router's network map, but it only has an IPv6 address, no regular IP4 address so I can't connect the GUI. Trying to login via //tower or //themonolith doesn't work (never has, even with old router).

Any idea how to get the server's IP short of connecting a monitor to it?

My box is connected with a LAN cable. All other wired and wireless devices work fine. Router has the latest firmware.

Edited by Ulvan

you could try editing the    network.cfg   file (make a backup copy first) and set it up to use a static IP address.  This is the section of the file that you have to update:

PROTOCOL[0]="ipv4"
USE_DHCP[0]="no"
IPADDR[0]="192.168.xxx.xxx"
NETMASK[0]="255.255.255.0"
GATEWAY[0]="192.168.xxx.1"
METRIC[0]=""
DHCP_KEEPRESOLV="yes"
DNS_SERVER1="8.8.8.8"

If your router uses a different base IP address, you will have to adjust the settings to reflect that.  Just be sure that you choose an address that its well out of the range that your router might assign via DHCP.  (Usually DHCP assignments start at the bottom of the range and go up.) 

If you are already using a static IP address, verify that is is the range that your new router normally assign addresses.  And if you decide to stick with a static address, you should assign that address as a Static address in the setup menu of the router. 

EDIT:  the network.cfg file is in the config folder/directory of the Flash Drive.

Edited by Frank1940

Wow, that was quick, and helpful! The DHCP range of addresses was way off from what it used to be. I changed the range, and the server went straight back up without having to edit anything at the server end.

Thank you!

Edited by Ulvan