[6.6.7] requesting paid one-on-one help to set up bittorrent docker

Okay, I've tried doing the research and watching videos and asking for help across different forums/communities. At this point I just don't have the bandwidth to learn the various intricacies and differences of the different clients and docker environments. I tried going the VM route as well and mounting shares within the VM but that didn't work either.

At this point, I'm just looking to pay someone to help me get it set up. I've worked directly with SpaceInvaderOne in the past and it was helpful to be able to ask questions about the process and understand why he was doing things a certain way. If you think you'd be interested in helping please respond, PM or reach out to me at matt at seventhaxis dot com.

I need to be able to configure a bittorrent client to download directly to a specific directory within one of my shares. I also need this client to connect through my NordVPN subscription. As much as I try, I cannot achieve both of these at the same time, either via Docker or a VM and I'm just tired of spinning my wheels.

30 minutes ago, seventhaxis said:

I also need this client to connect through my NordVPN subscription.

This is going to be an issue, as NordVPN doesn't support port forwarding. You will get very poor performance, and will not be able to seed completed torrents.

PIA is the easiest to support for torrents.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

This is going to be an issue, as NordVPN doesn't support port forwarding. You will get very poor performance, and will not be able to seed completed torrents.

PIA is the easiest to support for torrents.

Okay I can look into PIA I guess. Quick question though: how is the Docker container different than setting up a bittorrent client in a desktop environment and using NordVPN credentials? When I had that setup configured, I would get full speeds (as long as I was using a proxy close enough).

Also, thanks much for your response!

39 minutes ago, seventhaxis said:

how is the Docker container different than setting up a bittorrent client in a desktop environment and using NordVPN credentials?

The VPN dockers that binhex has set up are locked down tight with all communication forced through the VPN tunnel. Your desktop OS may or may not be secured as tightly.