USB tethering from an android smartphone

So, im about to build an Unraid server, im only waiting for the parts to arrive and I was wondering, if its posible to tether an internet connection from an android smartphone to improve the internet speed of the server.

Im planning this cause the internet speed we have at the office caps at 20mbps and even my 4g connection is faster, the server will work as a switch for some of the workstations connected to it, so the idea is to boost thats connections only and not the whole network.

Or, if its posible to use another USB device like some Huawei portable hotspot or similar ones.

Any ideas on that?

Thanks.

Also, theres no way to upgrade the internet plan in the office, the ISP really sucks.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Unraid doesn't support any wireless. You might be able to use an ethernet to wifi adapter to connect to a mobile hotspot but maybe not worth it. 

I already know that, thats why im asking about USB tethering or similar, but thanks for the answer.

• 4 months later...
36 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Yes,but tethering is not supported so a suggestion for an alternative was being made.

That's not really an alternative. It sounds like he misinterpreted the question and responded about wifi. 

Tethering might not be supported but it has nothing to do with ethernet to wireless adapters. 

"can I use tethering" the op asks

"wireless isn't supported" is the response 

Tethering isn't wireless. 

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Hikakiller said:

That's not really an alternative. It sounds like he misinterpreted the question and responded about wifi. 

Tethering might not be supported but it has nothing to do with ethernet to wireless adapters. 

"can I use tethering" the op asks

"wireless isn't supported" is the response 

Tethering isn't wireless. 

Well with the right type of Ethernet-wireless adapter you can connect to a hotspot on the Android phone achieving the same final result as tethering would achieve, so it IS an alternative if you assume that the original question was inherently about connecting an Unraid server to the internet via a phone.

Edited by itimpi