6.7.7 No Internet access

I just upgraded to 6.7.0 rc7 and I lost internet access from unraid. The rest of my network is fine, I can access the GUI and I can ping my router from unraid. I can't ping 8.8.8.8 or any other internet address and some unraid functionality is lost such as docker updates (access to GitHub). A downgrade to 6.6.7 brings it all back!

Any ideas?

Edited by rjstott
Release details

I saw that suggestion in another thread so I tried it even though it can't possbly solve the problem if the server won't ping 8.8.8.8. It would resolve a problem with named sites of course. It didn't work when I tried it. I have added the diagnostics but of course they are for the reverted 6.6.7 but I guess all the basic data should be the same between the two releases! I note that the 8.8.8.8 is still resident in the first DNS entry and I must remember to put it back to my SmartDNS setting!

tower-diagnostics-20190410-1315.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Tried again with the latest 6.7 release and same problem, internat access is gone. Someone on the unRaid team must know of changes to networking that might have caused the problem.  I've gone back, again, to 6,6,7 and network access is working again. My diagnostice are on this thread! One more crumb, I'm fairly certain that internet access is working for Dockers. It just seems to be unRaid core functionality like updates and checking for them!

7 hours ago, rjstott said:

Tried again with the latest 6.7 release and same problem, internat access is gone. Someone on the unRaid team must know of changes to networking that might have caused the problem.  I've gone back, again, to 6,6,7 and network access is working again. My diagnostice are on this thread! One more crumb, I'm fairly certain that internet access is working for Dockers. It just seems to be unRaid core functionality like updates and checking for them!

You have a duplicate assignment, both eth0 and eth1 have the same settings.

# Generated settings:
IFNAME[0]="eth0"
DESCRIPTION[0]="etho"
PROTOCOL[0]="ipv4"
USE_DHCP[0]="no"
IPADDR[0]="192.168.1.103"
NETMASK[0]="255.255.255.0"
GATEWAY[0]="192.168.1.1"
METRIC[0]="24"
DNS_SERVER1="8.8.8.8"
DNS_SERVER2="54.93.173.153"
DNS_SERVER3="8.8.8.8"
USE_DHCP6[0]="yes"
DHCP6_KEEPRESOLV="no"
VLANS[0]="1"
IFNAME[1]="eth1"
DESCRIPTION[1]="Intel"
PROTOCOL[1]="ipv4"
USE_DHCP[1]="no"
IPADDR[1]="192.168.1.103"
NETMASK[1]="255.255.255.0"
GATEWAY[1]="192.168.1.1"
SYSNICS="2"

Open and edit the file "network.cfg" in the /config folder on your USB device.

Remove all [1] entries (i.e. remove the eth1 settings)

Change SYSNICS="1"

Save the file and reboot your system

Hi bonieni,

I think to do this I have to remove the flash drive and edit the file through my Mac. Before I do this, there are two entries because there is an on board Realtek ethernet port and I have a PCIe network card with the Intel chip. There was some suggestion a long while back that the Realtel card was the issue so I added the Intel. As far as I can see eth1 is disabled (though where this setting is I don’t know). In any event there is currently no ethernet plugged into eth1 so it must be disabled? Additionally the Network.cfg file is identical between 6.6.7 and 6.7.7 so is there a difference between how the two versions use the .cfg data. I could believe that your suggestion could well fix this but being a curious old fart I like to know why?

Any thought?

Regards

Richard

Bonieni, Frank1940,

Thanks for all that. I am going to say that as far as I can tell the edit has fixed the problem and we can now connect to the internet from core activities including updates and terminal! My curiosity is still asking what changed in the new releases to cause the problem. But we have at last moved on and I have an up to date release. For some reason none of the OS X file tags show up but although I religously set these I never found a good use!