I did a big mistake after Hard Drive Failed.. Can you help?

Hi,

I had few issue with several hard drive, parity 1 parity 2  and now Data 8tb.\

I fix the parity 1 and 2 last few weeks ago, and last week a data hard drive failed.

I juste replace it, and I did the big mistake to go to TOOLS and NEW config  and select: 

Preserve current assignments:  All Parity slotsData slotsCache slotsAll

Then I Apply....  I know I m stupid... 

So now, on the Array config I can see inform Parity 1 and 2 :

All existing data on this device will be OVERWRITTEN when array is Started

I m in a big trouble because the parity didn't rebuild the new data hard drive yet...

There is any solution?

Thanks in advance for your comment and help ! 

Cheers

Edited by Keint
5 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Do you still have the old hard drive (the one that 'failed')?  It might be possible to recover some data from it.  

Thanks for your Answer!
No the HD was under warranty so they exchanged for a new one..

52 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

If parity was valid you can use the invalid slot command, what disk do you want to rebuild?

They two parity disk are valide .

What is the invalid slot command? 

The disk I want to rebuilt is the last one on the list

What I would like do,  is just to cancel the new config I started and get back to the previous array config to avoid to erase the parity disk before rebuilt the failed Hard Drive..

Now I m afraid to start the array, I m afraid Unraid erase the two party disks before rebuild the new hard drive. I don t want to lose the data !

Thanks for your help

Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 10.52.31 AM.png

Edited by Keint

Leave the array as is at the moment (after the new config you already did)

-Important - leave the browser on that page, the "Main" page.

-Open an SSH session/use the console and type (don't copy/paste directly from the forum, as sometimes it can insert extra characters):

mdcmd set invalidslot 3

-Back on the GUI and without refreshing the page, just start the array, do not check the "parity is already valid" box (GUI will still show that data on parity disk(s) will be overwritten, this is normal as it doesn't account for the invalid slot command, but they won't be as long as the procedure was correctly done), disk3 will start rebuilding, disk should mount immediately but if it's unmountable don't format, wait for the rebuild to finish and then run a filesystem check

1 hour ago, johnnie.black said:

Leave the array as is at the moment (after the new config you already did)

-Important - leave the browser on that page, the "Main" page.

-Open an SSH session/use the console and type (don't copy/paste directly from the forum, as sometimes it can insert extra characters):

mdcmd set invalidslot 3

-Back on the GUI and without refreshing the page, just start the array, do not check the "parity is already valid" box (GUI will still show that data on parity disk(s) will be overwritten, this is normal as it doesn't account for the invalid slot command, but they won't be as long as the procedure was correctly done), disk3 will start rebuilding, disk should mount immediately but if it's unmountable don't format, wait for the rebuild to finish and then run a filesystem check

Thanks a lot 

I m gonna try now...

I let know:)