Lost Unraid GUI after power outage [Solved]

I'm trying unraid for my job. At home works beautifully I'll say that. 

But I'm trying it where I don't have direct access to it by connecting a monitor and so so. 

Currently this test box had a hard shutdown thanks a power outage and I lost the GUI after that. 

I can access everything, the shares, ssh. But I don't know how to enable the WebGUI again. I restarted already a couple times and nothing. I really want to us unRaid for our archiving solution. But if this happens and I'm not here for example then it won't work for a business. 

Edited by gacpac
23 minutes ago, gacpac said:

I'm trying unraid for my job. At home works beautifully I'll say that. 

But I'm trying it where I don't have direct access to it by connecting a monitor and so so. 

Currently this test box had a hard shutdown thanks a power outage and I lost the GUI after that. 

I can access everything, the shares, ssh. But I don't know how to enable the WebGUI again. I restarted already a couple times and nothing. I really want to us unRaid for our archiving solution. But if this happens and I'm not here for example then it won't work for a business. 

Not clear what could cause the symptoms you describe.   Can you ssh into the server?   If so running ‘diagnostics’ from the command line and posting the resulting file might help work out what may be the issue.

it is always Recommended that you have a UPS protecting any server as unexpected power-offs can have unpredictable effects.   With a UPS attached it should be possible to always to get a controlled shutdown on power loss.

I can SSH into the server perfectly. I think the server is working but I can't see the UI. Also, I'm not an expert in linux, I don't know where can I start manually the WebGUI for example. 

And yes a UPS can protect, but I'm in test phase, I need to present this to my boss after that. 

39 minutes ago, gacpac said:

I can SSH into the server perfectly. I think the server is working but I can't see the UI. Also, I'm not an expert in linux, I don't know where can I start manually the WebGUI for example. 

And yes a UPS can protect, but I'm in test phase, I need to present this to my boss after that. 

Have you run the diagnostics command as recommended?     If so it will have put the diagnostics zip file onto the flash drive into the 'logs' folder.   

You could try restarting the GUI by using the command

/etc/rc.d/rc.nginx restart

but if the shares and ssh are working it is difficult to know what might have taken out the webui.

6 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Have you run the diagnostics command as recommended?     If so it will have put the diagnostics zip file onto the flash drive into the 'logs' folder.   

but if the shares and ssh are working it is difficult to know what might have taken out the webui.

and that did it!!!

You know what. The trial just expired. I'm not sure if stopping the WebGUI by default is expected but hey. Let me restart now and see if it works. 

3 minutes ago, gacpac said:

themYou know what. The trial just expired. I'm not sure if stopping the WebGUI by default is expected but hey. Let me restart now and see if it works. 

I would have expected that to have stopped the array starting but maybe there was something strange in the timing.   I suspect it is not something that has been specifically tested for. The diagnostics are certainly going to be of interest.    If you have the GUI working then you can also get it via the GUI at Tools->Diagnostics.

Edited by itimpi