Pre-allocating full disk size for VM?

Hey there, trying to figure out how to pre-allocate the full disk size on my Ubuntu 18.04 server VM. I'm running unifi nvr and there's a setting to keep at least X space free, and the lowest setting is 10gb. my VM only has ~500mb free because it has an expanding disk size it seems. Trying to figure the best way to go about this.

I suppose I could mount one of my unraid shares, but i haven't been able to get that to work either. any ideas?

Not sure I understand your issue.   Inside a VM you should see whatever vdisk size you specified regardless of the actual amount occupied on the physical disk.   Are you perhaps asking how to set up the vdisk so that it actually occupies on the physical disk the amount of logical space you specified (I.e. avoid setting the vdisk as a ‘sparse’ file).

hmm ok so i'm stupid, the drive just isn't mounted apparently looking at `df -h` i don't see it listed anywhere, but when i run a `fdisk -l` i see it

i was thinking the disk and partitons would be automatically be mounted. should i be mounting this manually with `/etc/fstab`?

image.thumb.png.c0c66eafde7df8aa930448b7dbac7395.png