Win10 VM GPU Issues

BBLV

I have my Windows 10 VM up and running great, thanks in large part to SpaceInvaderOne's excellent tutorial videos. Just picked up a Gigabyte 2080 card and got it installed. VM booted right up with it, installed Nvidia's latest drivers, rebooted, then went to launch a game. Got a OpenGL error. Tried another game. Got a Direct3D error.

I grabbed a similar Gibabyte 2080 BIOS ROM from techpowerup, did the HexEdit edit as described by SpaceInvaderOne and am loading it into the VM. I downloaded and installed the latest Nvidia drivers inside the VM. I'm at a loss.

I've no spent hours scouring the internet trying to troubleshoot, but nothing has worked. I'm sure I'm missing something simple, as has happened numerous times in my short time on unRaid.... Any tips?? Thanks!

Could this be happening because I do not have a monitor connected to the GPU? The graphics settings in the game's launcher is stuck on 1024x768 and won't let me change it to anything (I'm RDP'ing into the VM from a MS Surface Book 2 with 3000x2000 resolution).

Edited by BBLV

Running a game via RDP or VNC in the first place isn't the best idea. You will never see close to bare metal performance via a remote connection software. The reason why it is locked to 1024x768 could also be caused by the game not finding a display attached. Some software won't work inside a RDP session. You can try NoMachine as a remote software, I think they handle the emulation of a display in the VM differently. Another reason could be you have VNC enabled and your GPU defined as second. In this case the VNC display is used as main display. 

I tried out NoMachine this morning and got it to work on the first go around, but couldn't get the proper resolution to passthrough properly (but at least I had a number of res options above 1024x768 AND my games would start without throwing Open3D and DirectX errors)... However, when I tried to connect tonight, the NoMachine VM connection is not recognizing keyboard or mouse click input. No other changes, just not working and cannot get them to work......... Not sure where to go next, but getting very frustrated.