What is the IP of my (bridged) VM?

I'm going crazy here setting up a VM and trying to access it on my network...  I've set up a bridge (br0) in Network Settings, and set my Linux VM to use it, but even when it's up and running I can't see anything on my local (192.168.1.*) network.  Does unRAID actually tell me what the VM's IP is?  All I see is the Routing Table, for br0 it shows me Route 192.168.1.0/24, is that how it should be?  (Note my router also uses this IP range).  Here is a (clickable) screenshot:

qr2t3Qkl.png

I have a feeling I might be missing something really obvious.  Can you help?  Thanks.

Edited by servidude
4 hours ago, Friis said:

As I can tell, your VMs will get an IP in the 192.168.1.0/24 network.

Does this mean an IP address somewhere between 192.168.1.0 and .24?

4 hours ago, Friis said:

What do you need it for?

Trying to install XPEnology in a VM, so I need an IP to access the web interface.

45 minutes ago, servidude said:

oes this mean an IP address somewhere between 192.168.1.0 and .24?

No - it means that the first 24 bits of the address are fixed and will consist of 192.168.1, but that the last 8 bits can be anything.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Open your unraid terminal and type:

arp -a | grep br0

This will give you all connected to the br0 network.

From the output, you should be able to find your VMs IP by matching hostname or by NIC mac address (this is listed on your VM template page).

Thank you!

Unfortunately, the output from arp didn't include the MAC address of my VM... 🤔  Is this a sign that something else could be wrong?