(SOLVED) unRaid is crashing in the new AMD build [6.6.7]

Hi,

Recently, I've upgraded my unRaid server from Intel i5 3570 to AMD Ryzen 7 2700x for more cores and HW pass-through. The old hardware was working just fine.

At the beginning, the OS was crashing only after 30-45 minutes. I followed this video and added "rcu_nocbs=0-15" after "append" under (unRAID OS) and (unRAID OS GUI Mode). This made unRaid to remain a little bit longer, now it's crashing after 8-10 hours.

I've attached the logs from Fix Common Problems (troubleshooting mode). Not sure if there is any other way to investigate further?

Appreciate your help.

New spec:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

Mobo: MSI Gaming Plus X470 (Latest Bios version)

Memory: 16GB

unRaid version: 6.6.7

logs.zip

image.png

Edited by HAMANY

I had the same problem with my Ryzen 1700 on an Asrock M/B and got it fixed by changing the power settings in the BIOS for the PSU 

Sorry cant remember of the top of my head what I changed it to, It had something to do with it going into a low power mode I think.

• Like 1
On 4/13/2019 at 11:33 PM, DGB said:

I had the same problem with my Ryzen 1700 on an Asrock M/B and got it fixed by changing the power settings in the BIOS for the PSU 

Sorry cant remember of the top of my head what I changed it to, It had something to do with it going into a low power mode I think.

On 4/14/2019 at 10:26 AM, johnnie.black said:

Most Ryzen workarounds are discussed here:

Thank you both.

I think the problem is solved after disabling the c-states in bios. 2 days uptime for the first time.

5 hours ago, HAMANY said:

Thank you both.

I think the problem is solved after disabling the c-states in bios. 2 days uptime for the first time.

No problem, i've had a lot of help from this community, good to know I've given a little back.