new duplicati docker hung

Yesterday I installed duplicati docker and set up one backup.  It started backing up to a mounted smb share on another unraid server, running over night.  I checked progress late this morning to find the duplicati GUI not responding. I tried to restart the docker in the unraid GUI, it just spins until I refresh, then shows it running still.  I logged into the server SSH and ran docker kill duplicati after a long time ^C to get back, docker ps still shows it running.  I found a few other posts in the forum talking about doing an unclean shutdown of the unraid server but since everything else on the server is running well that seems extreme. Another thread talked about recovering from this by removing the docker.img file and reinstalling everything (after unclean shutdown).  again too extreme.

the duplicati docker log keeps repeating e":"can not get logs from container which is dead or marked for removal"}

any suggestions?

THANKS!

tower-diagnostics-20190414-1148.zip

thanks wgstarks.  I did post there trying to figure out why it was hanging (no responses).  The question I posted here was intended to be more generic.. now that I have a hung docker that is not responding to stop and kill requests, what else can I do.  I ended up pulling the power on the machine and rebooting (without that docker).  

It seems to me there should be a way of 'pulling the plug' on one or all dockers without needing to literally pull the power plug on the whole array.  But after a week of searching I couldn't find anything that worked.